We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tropical Bay to Riu Negril

midwest
1 post
Save Topic
Riu Tropical Bay to Riu Negril

Last Feb. we could walk along the beach between the two hotels. Is this still posible or did the hurricane erode the beach away.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Tropical Bay to Riu Negril

Bloody Bay fared fairly well overall in the hurricane, you will likely be very pleasantly surprized as to how "bad" it is!

Are you returning soon?

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

new jersey, USA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Tropical Bay to Riu Negril

i stayed at the riu tropical bay from october 16th through the 24th. this was a few weeks after the hurricane. we tried to walk over to the riu negril from our beach to theirs but had to walk through the water for part of the way. at one point the beach disappears and gives way to bushes and trees after you've passed our resort and what appeared to be a beach for some of the locals. it wasn't a big deal. the water got to be almost waist high so keep that in mind. because we were staying at the riu tropical bay we were able to eat lunch at the riu negril (just get a card from the towel hut at the tropical bay). keep in mind though that a shirt is required to get into the lunch buffet area. i walked over without one and had to wait for my friends to come out with their shirts before i could get lunch for myself. i hope this was helpful.

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Tropical Bay to Riu Negril

What are you saying Steve? Can you still walk between the two hotels or not? Did the hurricane erode the beach away? I think that negrilfan was asking for first hand experience since the hurricane. What is yours?