We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

i have been contemplating both negril and punta cana and would prefer the first but I saw posted a few times that some of the beaches are topless. i have teenagers so this would be a problem. i appreciate any input. thanks

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

Been to both Negril & Punta Cana.(I have reviews from both areas).

Yes, you will see topless women at the Riu, not that many, but they will be there.

BUT! We saw more in Punta Cana. Yep. More Europeans, which equals more “bo--s”.

I can appreciate your concerns, but truly in Negril it won’t be such an issue.

Love this topic, because the sense of freedom the Europeans express should be something we learn from, after all they are just breast, nothing wrong with them until someone tells you there is something wrong or dirty with the scenario?

Good for you for taking your teenagers to a foreign island, the value of another country and there lifestyle is immeasurable.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

I second what Barb said.

Don't let the "sand gravity" keep you at the resort. Get out and see the area.

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

You will see topless ladys on the beach did not use the pools so cant comment but I am sure your teenagers after the first few looks will treat it as no different to anything else & ignore them.

North Chelmsford...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

I've been to Punta Cana - yep, European travellers and lots of boobs. I've been to Ochos Rios - no boobs. I haven't been to Negril but I'm going next week. However, I will say this, I got SICK big time in Punta Cana. I'll take Jamaica over the Dominican any day, boobs or not!

Good luck,

Jeannie

Wash DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

My wife and I walked over to RIU Negril while we were staying at RTB down the beach. My wife seemed to notice the people that were topless before me :). It wasnt as much of a shock as it was a "oh so its ok to be topless" because we didnt see anything that said you could or couldnt. So my wife pretty much went topless after that. How would having teenagers make this a problem for you? The question is does it make you uncomfortable or them?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

Normal teen age boys (and men) will NOT get tired seeing topless, they'll always be checking. Trust me.';.]]

Wash DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

Yeah that was my point I can almost guarantee its not a problem for them :)

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

Been there, seen it. If you come across them, they are like bowling pins NOT Bombay mangoes. If you take the chance and look, you spend the rest of the day wish you hadn't :-).

What do you call 5 topless sunbathers: A Possible strike.

northumberland
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

why all the fuss about women going topless. men do it all the time!!! and there's nothing said.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude or topless beaches at riu negril

You can bet money on it that the teenage boys walking the beach with dark shades on and trying to look cool aren't looking at their feet.