We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone in Jamaica able to Help me???

Southern California
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone in Jamaica able to Help me???

My daughter left on monday and is in Negril now, I was supposed to join her there but as you all know all flights are canceled. I have not heard how things are there and am praying that everything is OK. The news here in California seems to only be concerned that it is going to hit flordia. I can't seem to find out how bad it was or what kind of dammage was done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chelie

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone in Jamaica able to Help me???

From what I have read on other message boards, the damage was not as bad as it was origionally thought to be, at least in Negril. I would still be concerned though about mudslides and flooding, etc. Of course the airports a packed as you would expect. I hope all goes well for you and her. Heading to Negril in 24 days myself.

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone in Jamaica able to Help me???

I just read in another thread on this site, someone gave a website that seems pretty informative, www.stormcarib.com. As a mother, I would ease my mind to know more. I'm sure everything is fine. It seems after reading some posts on that site, Ivan was much worse and this is only giving Jamaica lots of rain and some stong winds.

I hope you get into the airport. According to other posts on this site dealing with Dennis, the airport will reopen tomorrow.

Good luck and enjoy Negril.