We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

Simpsonville, SC
1 post
Save Topic
Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

My wife and two of our friends are going the first of Sept. and I was wondering if anyone could give some info on the hotel and what to expect? Thanks for all the help!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

dont expect much

well not true

expect lots of salsa and hardly any reggae

expect lots of spanish foods

expect rude staff that don't do much for you unless you trip

expect that 24hr food is really only late night salad

Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

Look to the left of this screen under deals on Negril hotels. Find Club Hotel Rui Negril and click. You will get a large list of reviews.

NOW, think of the fussiest, pickiest, crabbiest person you know--they wrote the very critical reviews. Next, think of the most laid-back, easy-going, make your own fun where ever you are kind of friends. They wrote the wonderful everything is IRIE reviews. Most people find their experience somewhere in the middle.

I hope your wife and friends have an enjoyable vacation. With open minds and hearts they are sure to fall in love with the Jamaica "vibe".

Orlando, fl
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

This will be our 3rd trip to this hotel, we are going back next week. Don,t worry about the one person who berates this hotel and RTB on this forum. There is plenty of food variety and reggae on the beach, and by the pool. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, enjoy your vacation, it will be great. Treat people as you would like to be treated and there will be no problem.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

The Riu's in Negril are awesome!! Don't believe the very negative poster here. They have made their way around these forums and are not well received. Enjoy your trip you will have an awesome time.

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept. Trip to ClubHotel Negril?

Hotsunseeker seems to have a problem with the Rius, find it hard to beleive that the said poster couldnt find anything between the two hotels to be positive about, considering that 95% of the reviews are positive for both. You always get someone who is determined to find fault, I always thought it was us Brits until I joined this forum!

I've never been but am going to Riu Negril for my honeymoon in September, hopefully nobody like hotsunseeker is there when we go!