We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

can anyone tell me what a taxi would cost from hedo11 in negril back to freeport in mo bay. during the night

thank you in advance for information

laurel

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Hey Laurel. We were goign to take a taxi from RDMB (Mo Bay) to Negril one afternoon, but we ended up not going. We were quoted $100 and could only get the guy down to $90, but that was round-trip I believe. We ended up not going, but this may give you some kind of idea anyway. Ally

USA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Laurel are you sure you don't already have transportation provided as part of your stay at Hedo? How many people and how late at night? I know in Jamaica that night trips, especially late nights, can run more than daylight trips.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

thanks for the reply's guys but i'm trying to work out the best & cheapest way to do a negril day trip conbined with a night pass into hedo returning to SSB in Mo-Bay at 3am.

the last time we went to hedo we did a day pass and the round trip cost $120 plus $130 into hedo. i'm trying to do it cheaper next time with a night pass into hedo.

i'm sure its dearer all round but will take the day excursion to negril but not return so only want a one way taxi from negril to SSB in freeport.

I know its a long shot but if anyone knows how much a one way trip would cost i would appreciate the information.

unless of course anyone want to share the cost of a taxi with us.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Hi Laurel, it is approx $100.00 each way for a taxi. The cheapest private driver I have found was $75.00 one way for one person and that was with a driver I used all week. I did get $20 pp with 3 ppl one way. That was a bargain. Again from a driver I used all week. It's not cheap girl. enjoy.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

If you are adventerous you can take the minibus!! Should cost you less than 5 bucks.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Try Vern his number is (876)772-9691 or (876)862-2677. He takes me for much less than $100. Expect to pay about $20-40 a person.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Right, Jamericancrazy - the rate is $20 - 30 pp based on minimum of 3 people. Jutta bus is not $5. It is $20 pp each way which is a deal. The only reason I did not suggest that is because laurel needs this in the middle of the night. Irie people.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Actually withrespect mini buses run at night and no they do not cost $20 for a trip from Negril to Mo Bay it would be about $5. Mini buses are cheap but cramped and you have to go to the bus park (they don't come to pick you up) so keep that in mind laurel when you make your decision.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

Thanks Jamerican, I didn't know that - my appologies. Irie

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fair from negril to mobay one way

wow thanks guys. Hey no squabbling now.

so I take it i can order a mini bus from hedo11 at 3 am in the morning to take me to mo-bay for my husband and I at a cost around $30 each. thats ok last time i went we paid $120 return in the day so i guess its the same at any tim, day or night.

Thankyou for your help.

laurel