We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

Los angeles/Boston
8 posts
Save Topic
how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

could we walk to all the bars downtown? or to the section where its all young 20's ?? I cant wait to go but from what i have been reading RTB gets kinda dead after 12 and I will be just starting at that time getting wild!!!!!!!!! thanks!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

Well it's quiet a walk but it can be done.. Just walk the road for a while then you could try to cut thru at some point to get to the beach.. It's a few bucks for a cab.. Bargain and start low.. Red plates only.. The clubs start to pick up after 10pm.. and the jungle and mi yard are the after hours places.. Yes the AI's are kinda dead after 12.. Alfreds(tues,fri+sun), Roots Bamboo(wed), Risky Business(mon,thur,+sat), Bourbaon Beach(mon, thur+sat), the Jungle (thur lasies nite), XXX (freaky fridays), happy mondays @ the round about, MXIII cliffs has shows sometimes, Miyard open 24/7 cliffs, and many smaller bars all around.. Good Luck!

http://www.negril.com/bechotel.htm

The Riu's are in the bloody bay area..

Mentioned in this post
Roots Bamboo
Roots Bamboo
69 Reviews
Jamaica
Risky Business
Risky Business
4 Reviews
Jamaica
Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

Just got back Sunday, June 19th. Had a blast partying. I bargained for our group to pay $5 round trip per person for a ride to Roots Bamboo and we kept the same driver for the Jungle. If you do nothing else while you are there please go to the Jungle. I would not mind opening up a Jungle here in the states. The drive to the Jungle, Roots Bamboo, and Alfreds is about 5-10 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Roots Bamboo
Roots Bamboo
69 Reviews
Jamaica
Los angeles/Boston
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

thanks for both replies guys!!! now another question? are all the clubs packed around this time july 1st?? or is it hit or miss cause its after spring break!?!?!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how close is RIU TB to the nightlife

July is their slow season.. There will be plenty of people, but not jammed.. You will have a blast, and sometimes it's better when the places aren't overly crowded..