We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Topic
Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

ANyone going to Beaches Negril sept 2-10th? Keri

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

Hi Keri. No we are going in February. Hope you have a good time. Please write about your stay since I am getting nervous about all those negative reviews. Michele

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

Michelle. I most definately will. I am sure with a positive attitude we will have a wonderful time. It is our first big family trip with the kids and I HOPE it is great. Keri

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

We went to Cancun this year. First time out of the country for my 8-year old. I was tired of Disney and Universal. He loved it and since my husband and I are Signature Guests for Sandals thought we would try Beaches. Negril is closer than T&C and a lot less expensive (the airfare to T&C is outrageous plus no non-stops). The place we stayed in Cancun also got bad reviews, but with a little luck and a lot of suggestions we had a great time. I think we will have a great time at Negril, if our luck holds up and with people like you giving us suggestions.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

Inslander55, we just got back last weekend from a Beaches Negril trip. My husband and I are also Signature guests, so you can expect a bottle of Appleton Special and 2 Signature Guest t-shirts shortly after you arrive. :) And at the Return Guest Reception, they have a drink especially for return guests - it's called Signature Bliss. It was OK, but I prefer a Hummingbird. ;)

Don't believe all the negative things you read. I read a trip report from the same week we were there and someone posted that the bars no longer have fresh fruit for the drinks - not true!! They ran out of bananas in the afternoons a few days in a row, but the next morning there were bananas for your drinks. Another person posted that the waterslides were closed from 12:00 - 1:00, again that wasn't true. We took the time to talk to the employees, and we found out that they close the waterslides at shift change, and the time varies every day. They weren't closed for a solid hour on any day that we were at the waterpark.

If you have any questions, just ask away - I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. :) I was scared by the negative reviews too, but we had a great time! I think your vacation is what you make of it.

Chicago-area,IL
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

HI Krbear,

We too, just returned from Beaches Negril. This was our 2nd time there...and we had even more fun than the first! (and our first was a blast!)

We didn't chose this resort for their food (although it was just fine!) Be sure to visit the Seville and the Japanese rest. They have the best food of all the restaurants. We also ate at the Beach Grill everynight it opened back up...(10:30pm-3am?) We had to have our Jerk Chicken/pork.

Yes, the entertainment was silly...but we got involved and created lots of fun memories. My husband was up on stage for "Battle of the Sexes"...and almost won...but he didn't want to be rude and knock a female to the ground grabbing the last chair in 'musical chairs'...lol! Darn it, he would have won a bottle of Appleton Special Rum! lol! We also kareoked (a first for both of us) and created lots of memories doing that! (Geez, I can't believe I really did it...3 times!) We learned to dance 'Jamaican style' to Reggae. It was fun to watch my kids and all their friends dancing on the dance floor every night at the Big Top...

We made friends with most of the watersports guys...they were so great. They remembered us from last year. We love to listen to Reggae/dance Hall...so one of them made us a couple od CDs as he is a DJ as well.

We are already making plans to go back to Beaches Negril next year. Two thumbs up to Beaches...it just keeps getting better & better! Email me at kps1508@comcast.net if you have any questions...I'll be happy to answer them! Don't worry...you will have so much fun...unless you stand against the wall and roll your eyes to fun, silly entertainment (it's a family resort!)..it's really all in your attitude and how much fun you REALLY want to have....no complaints here...except that we had to go home....:(

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Negril Sept 2-10th

Sounds just like when we went to Cancun. Now I know we'll have fun. You're right - it's what you make of it. Even being from NY, I can overlook little things. Nothing is perfect - not even a 5-star. Can't wait.