We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on small hotel cliff area past the lighthouse

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on small hotel cliff area past the lighthouse

I haven't been to Negril since 2000. I have two friends who had a very small vacation house past Jackies on the Reef, called "Palace View" - really barely a sign. Names are DErrick and Michael Jarrett. anyone know what happened since Ivan hit to those areas. They sound like they got it the wordt. We also once stayed at Hog Heaven, another two miles past the lighthouse, at least. Anyone know if this is still around?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on small hotel cliff area past the lighthouse

I don't know Palace View, but Hog Heaven is now called The Westender Inn (westenderinn.com). They expanded a little on the water side and built some condos across the street. It's really nice down there. We didn't make it that far down the road on our recent trip, so not sure if they were badly damaged by Ivan. Most places are finished repairs, except Rick's - they needed to completely rebuild. Email them for better info & Dan may be able to tell you about your friends' place. When Hog Heaven was first built, there was hardly anything out past the lighthouse, it's still quiet though!

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info on small hotel cliff area past the lighthouse

The place that got hit the hardest was Rick's Cafe. I think everything else had minor damage and remained open. Captain's Cove right next to Rick's and Rockhouse is open, and that's where you can watch the cliff divers.

I was disappointed at first, but I think it's better than Rick's because at Rick's you have to pay with special coins (and I heard they don't like giving you change back either).