We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attraction Costs?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
5 posts
Save Topic
Attraction Costs?

Just wonder what are the travel expenses like for trips to attractions like Mayfield Falls, Black River Safari, and the Appleton Run Distillery? are there tour groups i can join (book for next day)? or do i have to take a taxi? and how much does each of these options cost?

And if the hotel ( staying at the Sunset at palms ) gets the cab for me, are the prices preset or still negotiable?

Also, any comments on the Rhinosafari tour? it looks interesting on the website but i would love to hear everyone's opinions...

Thanks!

1. Re: Attraction Costs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, August 11, 2005
New Orleans
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Attraction Costs?

Do some research online so u have an idea b/4 u get there and you won't get overcharged. Mayfield, I want to say is about (not a quote) $30 US (I think) without trans. We got our friend (tour guide) to bring us, etc. and did a tour there and back. You can find alot on line at go-jamaica.com or just search for the attraction u are interested in.

California
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Attraction Costs?

Hwang,

If you got through the tours companies the hotels offer you it will definetly cost more. When we went just a few weeks ago we used Soloman at Talk of the Town Tours (http://talkofthetowntours.com/) He was awesome! I was referred to him from other people who have used him before. He and his wife are very reasonable, accomadating, and friendly. They gave us a great rate for doing the extended tour of YS Falls and Black River Safari. If you like you can give me your email address and I can send you some pics what we did. I would recommend them whole heartedly! My digital camera batteries ran out towards the end of our trip and they lent me their camera to use. The next day at the front desk they left me the disc with my photos along with some stuff we accidentally left in their van. They really go out of their way for you! They actually made our trip extra special!

Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Attraction Costs?

Thanks for the suggestion... I would love to see your pics, you can email me at hw7777@hotmail.com

also, what are some of the tour rates they charged you, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Attraction Costs?

I would also be interested to know how much some of the attractions cost. We leave Thursday. Just want to be prepared....

Atlanta
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Attraction Costs?

I would also be interested to know how much some of the attractions cost. We leave Thursday. Just want to be prepared....