We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swept Away not for couples anymore?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MN
2 posts
Save Topic
Swept Away not for couples anymore?

I've seen in a couple of places on the net that Couples Swept Away is not jus for couples anymore. Can anyone verify this for me? My sister-in-law and myself want to do a "girls only" vacation with lots of food, drink, sun and pampering at an all-inclusive.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

Couples Swept Away does allow singles. The property used to be for singles and couples before the Couples brand took it over. In order to keep their strong repeat business, they still allowed singles. That being said, 99% of the people you meet there will either be couples or singles their for a wedding.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

Matty O's response is correct. Having said that, I think you and your sister-in-law could have a great vacation there. Even tho the VAST majority are couples there isn't anythig overtly "coupley" about it.(does that make sense?) As long as your not looking to meet other singles I don't see a problem. Just be sure to book an original garden suite if you each want your ownbed I believe they're the only ones that have 2 double beds instead of just a king(and not all do so you'd have to make that request clear at booking)

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

Weird - my sister is getting married there this week and will have over 20 friends & family staying as well. She was told (not sure if it was her travel agent or resort management) that there had to be two people in each room (one female, one male). So one of their friends who is single had to book at another resort for the four days he'll be down there. Sounds like there is some conflicting information out there.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

travelori~either your sisters travel agent gave her bad information or it was that the cost would be more if you had noone to share a room with. Swept Away definately allows same gender couples and singles.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

travelori~ forgot to say that your sister made a great decision to have her wedding at Swept Away. Hope your one of the lucky 20 going!

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swept Away not for couples anymore?

Sounds like my sister did get some bad info -- I would imagine it had to have been her travel agent. I can't imagine the Couples people not knowing their own resort, lol. Oh well, too late to change anything now! Glad to know this info for future planning though - an all-girls trip would be awesome!

And yes, I'm one of the lucky 20 going for the wedding -- headed down there very early tomorrow morning!

....can't ...focus ...on ....work....today....