We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Well the time has come, the bags are packed and the diamond ring has been stashed.

We've been to negril many times and I have a few ideas of where and how to ask her, but would love to hear suggestions on places to do it.

Private beach spots?, Romantic Dinner? Help me !

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

There is an awsome 1 table upper deck gazebo type dining area at Kuyaba, it is very secluded from the rest of the restaurant. That would be a nice spot while watching the sunset.

Congratulatios to you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Here's a switch...how about popping the question at sunrise on the beach - all's quiet & mellow :)

LL

boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Hopefully she's a morning person, an early morning person, if not, the sunset at Kuyaba sounds very romantic!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

How about a romantic dinner at Rockhouse.. Then take a walk on the grounds, out by the pool area around sunset.. pick a beautiful spot and surprise her.. Nothing like the cliff area at sunset. Watching people cliff diving at Pirates cave, the waves crashing against the cliffs.. Just breath taking.. Or go up to the lighthouse and watch the sunset there. Before you ask her you could go over to woopie park, all hammocks.. Lazy around on one.. Take a walk to the lighthouse and just as the sky begins to turn into a watercolor of ultimate proportions ask her.. God I could just think of a million ways..LOL.. I'm so mushy.. I got engaged at Rockhouse actually last year.. And we decided that night that was also the place we had to get married at.. It's very romantic and secluded. Have a great trip and tell all when you get back.. Whatever you choose she will be delighted!!! Congratulations! and Good Luck!!!!!

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

That Rockhouse idea sounds great too, just keep in mind, that you cannot wander the grounds unless you are a hotel guest there. I went there just for dinner, and asked if I could check out the grounds, and they said nobody is allowed beyond the restaurant unless you are staying there.

Hey, check the calendar for the time you will be there, is there a full moon? Maybe you can propose under a fullmoon on the beach while listening to the gentle waves crash & crickets sing.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Don't ask just do.. We didn't have a problem with it last month.. Just act like you own the place.. We walked the grounds no problem.. Even saw security a few times and wished them a good night.. I'm sure if they said anything and you explained your intensions very quietly they would walk on by.. When we got engaged there we were on a part of the resort that was still closed for the new villas, security was right there.. No problem.. He congratulated us.. Big smile and walked on.. Respect..

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Where ever and how ever you do it....just make it something she'll always remember.

Congratulations....you'll have to let us know how it all played out when you return.

Good luck.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Those are all excellent ideas! I wish I could get into more detail about the plan, but being she looks at this site it's a little risky.

When we return I promise to post all the details of how and where I did it.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Jamaica, WI
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

Hey NB, CONGRATS!!! If you want, you can post your personal email address so we can give you some more suggestions.

Irie : )

New Orleans
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm asking the big "Question" in Negril

What about on a Sunset catamaran cruise (I think it's called the Wild Thing) Tell the captain your plans and ya'll can "set her up" for the big question. He will know the best time and place to get the right "picture" which I am sure you can also arrange. Best of luck to ya'll.

We will be celebrating our 23rd on 6/27 at the Treehouse - hopefully will be at Margaritaville (if we can stay awake) - LOL