We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Negril?

RI
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to stay in Negril?

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Jamaica in Jan '08. We've been to Ocho Rios an MB a few times in the past. This will be out first stay in Negril. Any opinions on the best places to stay? We're looking at Couples or Sunset at the Palms. We are going without our son and want to have fun-not totally crazy, but fun.

LHT

The Caves
The Caves
#2 of 80 hotels in Negril
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
#3 of 80 hotels in Negril
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Greetings,

Without a doubt, the best place to stay (in the all-inclusive style you're looking at) is the Grand Lido Negril.

The finest dining you'll ever encounter at an a/i, luxury, romance, fun and outstanding service. The finest beachfront property I've ever seen, with an unequalled diversity.

Enjoy Negril no matter where you stay, but don't overlook the best!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Hello LuLu. I am also going to Negril this Jan. I decided on Couples Negril over SATP to be right on the beach, a large pool and most of all no kids. My husband and I are not leaving ours behind to deal with others!!! Plus it would just make me miss mine way to much to hear someone calling for Mom!!! Both places look wonderful. I am sure there is not a bad choice. Good luck!

TLS

RI
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Thanksfor the info- Maybe we'll see you there. : )

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
796 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

We loved Couples Negril, have been twice and plan to visit Couples San Souci next year.....

Sunset at the Palms receives great reviews, but if being right on the beach is important to you, you need to be aware that Sunset at the Palms is across the street, they do have their own beach area with a bar.

Grand Lido is right next door to CN, and did not impress us at all for the difference in price.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Both properties you mentioned are beautiful. Keep in mind that SATP you must walk across the street to get to the beach. That would be the one turn off for me. Of the two Couples resorts in Negril, I prefer Couples Swept Away.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Not exactly sure what you mean when you say you want to have fun - we love the cliffs in Jamaica - no beach vendors trying to sell you stuff all day - lots of rest & relaxation - swim, spa, eat, drink & you know! LOL Very romantic at Rockhouse - large property, great food & spa services - secluded - depends on what exactly you are looking for - we've been 3 times in like 2 years -

Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
495 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

We've been to Hedonism 2 for three Mays in a row and it is awesome...see our trip reports...tit is as wild or relaxed as you want it to be....here is another website with message boards that may be of assistance to you...

www,dennyp.com

You can ask more risque questions there... Feel free to Private

Message us if you like...

TamNRudy

Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
495 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

We've been to Hedonism 2 for three Mays in a row and it is awesome...see our trip reports...tit is as wild or relaxed as you want it to be....here is another website with message boards that may be of assistance to you...

www,dennyp.com

You can ask more risque questions there... Feel free to Private

Message us if you like...

TamNRudy

Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
495 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Did not mean to say "tit"...was supposed to be IT. Mea Culpa Maxima. Serves me right for typing while eating milk & cookies.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to stay in Negril?

Couples Swept Away was awesome when I was there in March. Delicious food, great sports center, I was snorkeling 2 and 3 times a day on their trips. If you go be sure to have dinner at Feathers. What impressed me is the owner, Lee Issa was on site, speaks to guests and even remembered me on my last night and came over to wish me well, a safe trip home and say he looked forward to seeing me in the future. That kind of personal touch makes a difference.

Enjoy your holiday where ever you end up!