We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloody Bay Watersports

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bloody Bay Watersports

What water sports are available at Bloody Bay? Can you pay to water-ski if staying at the Riu's?

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bloody Bay Watersports

Hey Toes,

I remember you as a Beaches visitor, right?

Welcome to Bloody Bay!

My family of 5 stayed at Riu Tropical Bay the first week in April. We had a fantastic time. There was some waterskiing action. I would assume you could arrange that through the RIU resorts, they were very accomadating.

The water sports offered through RIU included kayaks, paddleboats, windsurfers and Hobie cats. I took a brief Hobie Cat lesson for $17 and was able to sail the rest of the week. I have never sailed before and thoroughly enjoyed sailing on the beautiful water of Bloody Bay.

I would recommend Roydel from the Office of Nature for a snorkeling excursion. He took us to a reef along the northern end of 7 mile beach. He referred to it as an "aquarium" and he was corect. Plenty of beautiful coral, sea fans and an abundance of fish, including rays. $30 for the wife and I. He swam with us and pointed out things of interest including a sunken pirates cannon!

Feel free to ask additional questions, we are going back to RTB in December.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bloody Bay Watersports

Thanks Slyrobbie,

You are right. We just returned from Beaches. We just love Jamaica, but...

Water-skiing is really important to me, so I really want to know for sure that it would be available, even if I have to pay.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bloody Bay Watersports

we saw them waterskiing on bloody bay but i really wouldn't be able to tell you who offered it. we stayed at negril cabins which was the farthest right resort on bloody bay facing the ocean so we didn't get to see what the resorts farther down had. i would assume it would be one of the big AI resorts

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bloody Bay Watersports

I stayed at Couples Negril on Bloody Bay and they have free water sking. I don't believe I say another water ski boat.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
771 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bloody Bay Watersports

toes2sand...I know that the GLN offers free water skiing to their guests. They may let non-guests pay to water ski. You might want to contact them.