We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Access

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
12 posts
Save Topic
Internet Access

We are leaving for Negril tomorrow! We are staying at Beaches Sandy Bay and are taking our laptop computer. What's the chance that we will get to use it and gain internet access? And what about making phone calls to the states? Is it difficult?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Access

I don't know anything about Beaches, but i know that Easy Rock internet cafe is having Wi-Fi internet, and u can use your notebook anywhere on their property. And i'm sure that calling States is not a problem, at least calling to Russia isn't :-) Better use a jamaican mobile phone then a phone from your hotel room.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Access

We called home from BSB last week-Direct dialed from our room-Talked for about 5-10 min. Total on our bill=$1.86.

As for Internet access, didn't see anything in the room to hook up to. They had a computer in the lobby but you had to pay to connect to the internet.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Access

Wow on the 1.86!! We had someone make 2 calls for about 3-4 minutes each from Negril, at the Riu TB and it cost us $21USD when we checked out! I guess each resort is different!!