We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

Can someone who has been to these properties help with info on their dining dress code? I've checked their web sites, and they simply list "casual elegance" for most of their dining options in the evening. Does this mean guests have to dress fancy? Or would decent shorts with nice sandals be OK? W\hen we travel, we prefer to travel light and don't want to pack a lot of fancy clothes for the week. We prefer to wear something like nice shorts and polo shirts, if possible. Any help would be appreciated. I won't be able to check the board again until Monday, but I'll be anxious to hear your feedback. Thanks!

michigan
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

For the "casual elegance" think slacks and closed toe shoes for men, women can be slacks, capris, sundress and can wear sandals.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

Not really.....

"Casual Elegance" is for Lemongrass, Patois Patio and The Palms ( at CSA) and Cassava and Heliconia ( at CN )

One restaurant at each resort requires " Semi Formal" which means long slacks and closed toed shoes for men. Feathers ( CSA ) and Otaheite ( CN ) For those nights, most

women wear nice capris, skirts, camisoles, or sundresses with a dressier shoe. Feathers is Air Conditioned , so a light sweater is good too.

All of the other restaurants are fine with nice shorts,polo's and a pr of sandals ( no flip flops- but that goes without saying at dinnertime )

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
853 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

At CN men would be fine in slacks and dress shirt (no tie), closed shoes and dress or capris for the women at the "semi formal" restaurant Otaheite. There were some people with "louder" shirts, but they were in the minority also there were no shorts, tank tops, etc. At the other restaurants, shorts and polo type shirts were fine.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

Also, closed toed mens shoes need not be dress shoes.

Topsiders, moc's, leather slipons etc are fine. No tennis/running shoes, of course.

USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

Thanks so much for sharing your information! It will help us make our decision.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

I have worn a very dressy dress to Otaheite, and I have worn black capri's with a sexy top to Otaheite both with dressy heeled sandals. I will say I felt more comfortable in the dress.

My husband has worn Khaki slacks with a button down collared tropical shirt and closed toed shoes both times.

Next trip to CSS, I'm already searching for those perfect dresses.

It is really kinda fun to dress up a night or two, feels like you are going out on a date, and let's face it how often do you get to do that at home?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

I agree 100% and don't understand people trying to " get by" with certain shoes or attire. If you don't want to dress up for the formal restraurants, there are other places to eat.

I think some people just get irked about being told what to wear on vacation- but it turns out that some people REALLY need to be told what to wear....LOL...have seen some frightening lunch sights, I can only imagine it can get carried over to evening.

We like dresssing up and I'm glad Couples has guidelines. :)

8. Re: Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away - Dress Code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, September 11, 2009