We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue mt. coffee

leesburg, va
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue mt. coffee

My friend wants me to bring some blue mountain coffee back..she likes to know what the cost per pound is. So she can give the money..

Michigan
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue mt. coffee

18.00 - 22.00 us per pound

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue mt. coffee

We got ours from Selinas. I am still enjoying it! They roast it right there at Selinas.

also a great place to go for a bit.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue mt. coffee

$10-13 at the grocery store. I paid $784.50JA last December. Airport and resorts $8-10 per lb higher.

austin, tx
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue mt. coffee

We got a great deal from Carl on the beach. He ground some of it for me so I could give it as gifts and we got around 5 pounds. $10 a pound. Wonderful. Not sure how to find him. We stayed at Coral Seas Beach and he was around.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue mt. coffee

Got it at the grocery store for $10 per lb.. Got it from the beach guy for the same.. Great coffee from the beach guy.. Selina's was around $15 per lb.. She has really good coffee as well.. Both Selina's and the beach guy have already roasted beans and green beans.. Selina has peas too.. I don't even look at the airport anymore.. Too expensive.. And here and there you will find people roasting pea's and beans that they sell.. Beach guy just comes down the beach every few days..

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue mt. coffee

Be careful which coffee you buy, don't be fooled by the ones that say "high mountain" or "low mountain" the BLUE MOUNTAIN is from a specific part of the mountain and is the best and only one that can be classed as blue mountain coffee although the others are from the same mountain!. Best brand and place to buy is the JABLUM brand of blue mountain at the grocery store just up past the roundabout where all the locals shop, the bigger the bag the cheaper it gets per LB, I would never buy loose off anyone as you don't know what you are getting. I checked price on the plane at the resort at the airport and other stores and the grocery store where the locals shop is the best price.

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue mt. coffee

kandt2 & BostonMel-

Could you approximate the distance between Selina's and 7-mile beach (Couples Swept Away)? Would you say it's within walking distance? Want to go there for the coffee and her banana pancakes.

Thanks,

-Lori

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,643 Reviews
Jamaica
Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue mt. coffee

Selina's is across the street from Merrils III and Yellowbird.. She has good coffee and banana pancakes.. She's not on the beach side of the road.. It's nice to go there on sundays for the boardie brunch they have.. The Jamaican cowboy plays guitar, jams with a few guys sometimes.. Also Alfreds has great banana pancakes and coffee for a bit less.. I went to Alfreds for breakfast most days down there.. They also have good lunches as well, all for cheap.. Check out the map link I put in a post, the new Negril map.. You can get an idea from that.. Make sure you go to Cosmos for lunch if you are at CSA.. Good Luck and have a blast!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue mt. coffee

go to a local supermarket and buy The Coffee Mill of Jamaica brand in a brown plastic bag. you can get it btwn $5-7.50 USD. alb. after years of buying the commercialized "tourist coffee" I found that and the taste is REAL!! It is grown in the middle region of the blue mountian and had no aftertaste! I am a coffe snob and only drink jamaican coffee-just carryed back 20lb last night!

Peace!

Safe travels!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
North Carolina
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue mt. coffee

Now that we are back from Jamaica (and didn't bring any coffee back with us!) is there anywhere we can order Blue Mountain Coffee to be shipped to us in the states?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean