We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to gln, want to bring "presents room cleaner"

MO
6 posts
Save Topic
going to gln, want to bring "presents room cleaner"

I know that these people work very very hard for their money and tipping is not allowed at this resort, could even get some people in trouble. I would like to bring some gifts for the person who cleans my room, maybe some things for her family. What should I bring?? Any suggestions.

I was thinking maybe some perfume for her or bath stuff, then crayons, coloring books, crafts for her children, what other things would her husband need?? Tshirts socks??

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
387 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to gln, want to bring "presents room cleaner"

We were there in March and brought gifts to give out to the people who took care of us. We brought several gift packages from Bath & Body Works and since it was before Easter we brought Easter stuff for the kids. We also brought razors and shaving stuff for the guys. And we brought school supplies for the kids.

We were able to discretely give money as well.

Have a great time - we absolutely loved the resort and all of the wonderful people we met there!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to gln, want to bring "presents room cleaner"

We were at GLN the first week of May and gave out Bath and Body stuff to the housekeeping staff. Some would not accept it but most did. We also left all of our stuff we didn't want to pack and take home for them.....new books that we'd read, full size of shampoo and conditioner, insulated mugs, over the counter allergy medication, razors, etc. We were able to tip people discreetly. Just walk up to them and go to shake their hand and put it in. Do not say "I have something for you" because then their response will be that they can't accept it. Make sure to give things that aren't too big to the housekeeping staff so that they won't have any trouble leaving the resort with it.