We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches sandy bay

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sicklerville, NJ
10 posts
Save Topic
beaches sandy bay

WEll,well,well...me and my family just returned from BSB (5/5 - 5/9) and I must say that it was the most enjoyable vacation we've been on to date. The weather was perfect, even though a short 10 minute rain came through one day, the kids stayed in the pool and ocean until it passed. The food and drinks were excellent. Dennis, the bartender, was great.."bigups mon". The entertainment director, Stacy Anne, always had a vibrant smile on her face and made it fun for everyone. There were plenty of chairs available on the beach and the watersports were always readily available. Our room was great too. We had the perferct view from the fouth floor and could see all of the weddings taking place daily. We went to Beaches Negril one day and I must say that it wasn't as pleasurable as BSB. The people working there were not as friendly and all seemed to be in a rush, unlike BSB. (just my opinion). I definately recommend BSB for anyone with children, the Kids camp kept them busy and we usually didn't see them until dinner time. Instead of going to the gift shop, we went right outside the compound (beach side) and picked up plenty of souveneirs to bring home, after we worked the price down a little. If anyone has bad things to say about BSB, they must not know how to enjoy the pleasures and cultures of the Carribean. Everyting was Irie Mon, relaxing and well maintained. Will definately be back next year.

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches sandy bay

Good to hear I'm heading there in July

Sicklerville, NJ
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches sandy bay

Im sure you will have a good time. If you happen to meet the entertainment coordinator (Stacy-Ann) tell her Coach-T and family said hello. Dennis the bartender, as with everyone that works there was great. make sure you get some snorkelling in while you're there, we had a blast. Just remember, it's what YOU make it. "Irie Mon...Relax, youre in Jamaica Mon"

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches sandy bay

Has anyone booked the beachfront 1 bedroom suite at BSB? I am just curious as to the actul size of it and if it has enough room for 4 and maybe 5 people (3 adults, dad, mom, grandma maybe, 15 yr old and 11 yrld girls). Do they have laundry facilities, also. Going there in July also! Thanks for ANY info you could give.

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches sandy bay

Yes I have heard Dennis name quite a bit . By prior advice I requested the Frangipini (sp? ) building 3rd floor , hope that was the way to go. How early did you have to make dinner reservations , day before or same day ? Or even earlier?

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches sandy bay

I was there during Easter break...and made dinner reservations the evening before with no problem at all...but if you choose to dine at Beaches Negril....I hear you must do that upon arrival or you may not get in.....And as for Dennis, you will definitly enjoy his company...his sense of humor and smile is intoxicating....In truth, most of the employees are the same way...BSB seems very choosy on who they employ...I noticed a distinct difference when we visited other properties...I give ALL the credit for the best vacation of my life to the staff of that resort. Especially, Dennis, Bobby, Andre, Alex and Neil....they are all wonderful!!!!

Sicklerville, NJ
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches sandy bay

Funny you should ask, we stayed in the Frangipini(sp) section of the resort, 3rd floor overlooking the wedding area and the view was perfect. I definately recommend this section of the resort. We tried to book the Italian restaurant upon arrival but was informed that they were booked for the weekend, Greatlfully, BSB got us into the Japanese restaurant at Sandals Negril which was exquisite. the food was plentiful and the Jamacainese (LOL) chef, as he called himself, was hillarious. BSB went out of their way to make us confortable.

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches sandy bay

Hehe excellent . My son noticed the picture in the brochure and remarked "he doesn't look Japanese " I just had to laugh. Thanks for the great info :)

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beaches sandy bay

Hehe excellent . My son noticed the picture in the brochure and remarked "he doesn't look Japanese " I just had to laugh. Thanks for the great info :)

Sicklerville, NJ
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: beaches sandy bay

While you're there, step outside the resort (beach side) and go parasailing and jet skiing. These activities are not included with your package but are well worth the fun. There is a little booth set up next to BSB beach were you can try these activities. FYI, they were asking $70.00 to do a couple's parasail, we talked them down to $40. The jet ski was running about $50 for a half hour, we were able to talk them down to $35 for that too. Be persistant and you may get a good deal or two.

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beaches sandy bay

We are def. doing both of those I'm glad to hear its right there and we won't have to go looking for it. Plan on spending a day at the Mayfield falls to. I'll need a vacation from my vacation when I get back :p