We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

I am staying at Beaches Sandy Bay in September with my eight year old son. We will be flying Air Jamaica out of Orlando. I am a fairly confident and independent person and have flown alone many times, but everything I have read about Air Jamaica has me scared to death to take my son with me on that flight. Has anyone flown Air Jamaica out of Orlando, or know if they are affected by the apparent problems in other areas?

Also, I have been keeping an eye on the Sandy Bay reviews, but any info you may have about Beaches Sandy Bay that might be helpful to a single mom would be appreciated. My son is especially looking forward to the XBox room, and riding the slides at Beaches Negril. I am hoping it is not difficult to travel between the two resorts?

Thank you.

Southeast Michigan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

Ellanora -

Just returned from BSB 1.5 weeks ago. Check out my review here: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147313-d223…

(or under the BSB forum). Relax, you will have a great time and so will your son.

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

My wife & I flew Air Jamaica on 3/17/05 and back on 3/23/05 from Orlando. I don't see a problem with safety it's a solid airline. The flights we had were about 1 1/2 late both ways. They don't tell you the flight is going to be late until you reach the gate and you find out the plane hasn't arrived. I also hate the Orlando flight gets you in late in Jamaica and leaves early (noonish) and you end up loosing 2 days traveling. I would recommend another airline for the reason of arriving earlier but you're going to suffer with connecting flights. But as far as being scared, it was a good flight without incident the crew was nice and kind (also unforgiving). We stayed at Couple Negril, that won't help you, but Negril's beach is great.

Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

Thank you both for the info. I hope our flight is not that late. None of the flight times available were ideal, unfortunately, but Air Jamaica seemed the most acceptable. With that delay, though, it no longer would be.

Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Jamaica from Orlando? Single parent headed for Sandy...

Thank you both for the info. I hope our flight is not that late. None of the flight times available were ideal, unfortunately, but Air Jamaica seemed the most acceptable. With that delay, though, it no longer would be.