We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding reception at Riu Negril

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wedding reception at Riu Negril

I am wondering if anyone has any info about the facility to have a private reception at the riu negril. I believe that the restaurants in the hotel cannot be used and the conference room is also not allowed to be used.

Has anyone got married at this hotel that could give me any info. I would to love to have a private meal somewhere in the hotel.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding reception at Riu Negril

Hi. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and saw the resort do a wonderful wedding reception on the beach. They had a white tent with white lights hanging in the top, nice plants all lit up. There was music, and they had a wooden dance floor put down. I thought that it looked very romantic and very tastful. I was kind of jealous that I didn't get married there. I saw that they had buffet tables of food set up, but I did not impose to go too close to see. The setting was absolutely gorgeous!!!

Palm trees, the caribbean, and they had nice musicians playing. Yeah, it was pretty much a dream for me....

They did have it set up in a more private area of the beach, so there was not much traffic at all.

It was very nice looking. Anyway, why would you want to be inside when the wonderful Jamaican climate is so much more romantic?

I would think that a wedding planner in Negril would know all of the ins and outs of this.... good luck with your planning.

Cricket

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding reception at Riu Negril

Thanks for the info, I will try and email the hotel to get some more information.