We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril in May

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Negril in May

Anyone travel in May? How is the weather in late May?

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril in May

We were in Negril the last 10 days of May last year and the weather was fine. We were a little nervous after learning that May is part of the rainy season and we were going down to get married. We landed in the afternoon and it was overcast and sprinkling a little and we thought "oh no, here we go" but the weather turned out to be pretty good. We only had one day that was overcast and rainy pretty much all day. The rest of the days were sunny in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon and most days it rained for no more than an hour or so. We used the rain as an excuse to take a little nap. The skies cleared up every day by sunset. We are going again in August and I'll be perfectly happy if we get the same type of weather.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril in May

It's considered rainy season. However, not to worry, if it does rain, it's usually in late afternoon and there is always plently of sunshine before and after. I'm also going in May this year, year before I went in July and weather was about the same; have been going to Jamaica 25 years and that has been my experience.