We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praying to the Sun God!

Maine
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Praying to the Sun God!

leaving for negril on 4/24 and looks like rain every day! can someone who has just returned please give me some good news about the weather??? i don't mind a little rain in the afternoon (good excuse for a nap!) but not all day. I just need a small ray (no pun intended) of hope!

Chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

sel56,

I can't give you any info., but we're leaving tomorrow and have been praying along with you. I talked to someone at AirJamaica in Montego Bay this morning and she said that it was sunny and nice, and she wasn't aware of any rain other than a hit or miss shower. I'm going with her forecast!

Bombay

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

check out accuweather.com for "current" Negril weather...lookin' good, to me :)

LL

Ellicott City, MD
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

I talk with a friend of mine everyday and he said it's been raining every night in the evenings. I'm praying that it's been nice there, because I have clients that are at Couples Negril as we speak. Just take a compact umbrella, just in case. Nothing better than sitting and watching the rain and throwin back a few Red Stripes!

Kelly

al
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

I just returned and out of all the times that I've been, this was the rainiest time. In the Montego Bay area it rained every single day. Not just a light rain but heavy rain where many parts of the roads that I travelled were flooded. When I left on Monday it was partly cloudy. The weather might be better now but I do know that there were some disappointed people.

Maine
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

Thanks for all your help. By the way, does anyone know what the water temp is this time of year?

DC
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

Hi,

I just returned Monday. When we arrived there on Thursday and leaving for the airport it started pouring, which worried me quite a bit but it turned out that would be the last rain I'd see.

The next two days were beautiful, on the third the clouds took over and combined with the breeze to produce a cool day. Of course the next day when we left was absolutely gorgeous.

DC
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

Sorry that first sentence should read, leaving FROM the airport.

Corona, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

We were there from 4/9-4/14, it rained a few times. Just one big downpour and then over. Didn't interfere with our sunning at all. Just made the air alot more muggy. You can still get a tan through the clouds though. Don't know if this is the norm or if it can rain all day, but this was our experience. Have fun!

North Canton, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Praying to the Sun God!

We'll be there from 4-24 through 5-4, and accuweather showed mostly sunny for the whole time, with some clouds here and there but no rain, and temps in the mid 80's.