We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding birth certificates (again)

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Regarding birth certificates (again)

Heres the deal...we've decided not to go get passports because unless we pay to get them expidited we might not get them in time. Plus they would be more expensive and we RARELY travel. But now my question is about the "birth certificate". We have copies already that say State of California Orange County Clerk Recorder certified abstract of birth. These do have the Seal of California on them and the Orange County Clerk Recorder seal but neither of these are "raised" seals. It is printed on the documents. Is this what is needed? Or is there some other issued birth certificates? Please help.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding birth certificates (again)

If this is your original birth certificate, then you're good to go. You may use the birth certificate, a naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship along with a state-issued photo ID. Ensure that all documents have the same name on them.

Safe Travel!!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding birth certificates (again)

Please remember, Jamaican customs will not accept the original copy from the hospital, it must be a certified copy from the state. Most states offer both certified and non-certified copies, depending on your need. I believe some states stamp using a notaries seal (raised) vs. others, which stamp using an ink seal. You should check with your local registrars office, just to make sure. If either type is available, the raised seal will most likely make your entry more amicable. If you're on a fixed budget (as we tend to be), you may be willing to sacrifice a certain degree of convenience, for the easier/cheaper alternative, given you won't have to buy a new copy. Hope this helps!

lovestojam

California
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding birth certificates (again)

Okay after being on the phone half the day i figured out that the abstract of birth will not work. So at least I know now, and I know where to get one.

Thanks everyone

Ellicott City, MD
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding birth certificates (again)

A state issued birth certificate and a government issued photo ID will work....just an FYI as of Dec 31st of this year, most places in the caribbean will *only* be accepting passports as proof of citizenship and the rates just went up, again, on Mar 8th.

Kelly

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Regarding birth certificates (again)

Hello. We are also from california and I have the copy from the recorder saying certification of vital records, it has the seal but not raised . I just go tthem for all of us because we are going to negril in sept with our 3 kids. Will ths work? THanks