We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping near the 7 mile beach?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast Michigan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Shopping near the 7 mile beach?

My husband and I went to Ocho Rios for our honeymoon two years ago, and are heading back to JA (Negril this time) 4/23 for a family vacation. One of my favorite things to do was to go across the street from our resort to visit the vendors who had all the awesome (AND CHEAP!) wood carvings, beach attire, jewlry, etc. We had a blast negotiating with the local vendors - even my husband did! We ended up bringing a bunch of stuff home with us and it really added some extra fun to our trip. Just for example, we bought a 28" X 15" beautiful hand carved wood tropical fish that was completely finished for under $20!!! Anyway, I'm wondering if any of the Negril regulars can tell me if there are little shops like that close to Beaches Sandy Bay. I know there will be vendors on the beach, but I didn't find the selection that way, and they didn't seem to want to negotiate as much. Besides, we made friends with some of the vendors and went back several times.

Your response is appreciated!

...3 weeks to go!!! :)

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping near the 7 mile beach?

Greetings beckman,

You will find the shopping (selection, quality etc) on the beach in Negril to be more or less equal to what you found across the street in Ochi. It is much more the "norm" in Negril to be "on the beach" so to speak. However if you prefer there is also a huge shopping area across the street from the Grand Lido Negril where I am certain you will be VERY happy with what you find.

Happy travels, enjoy Negril !! You are going to LOVE that beach !!!

Steve