We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

Anyone have any opinions or comments regarding visiting Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Mexico? Both my husband and I are in our late thirties looking to travel (w/o kids!!) in August for 5 nights. We've been to both Negril and Cancun before. Both resorts price about the same but just wanted to get some opinions from anyone that has possibly visited both. Any feedback is welcome.

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

Secrets Excellence is a great chain, although I did not go to the Capri ( Mexico) I have been to the Excellence in Punta cana, and it was wonderful! That said, I booked Sans Souci for next month, after reading some great stuff about the place. I think you will find Secrets to be MUCH, MUCH larger.......not that bigger is better, just all in what you are looking for. Secrets was very beautiful, and the new one in Mexico is brand new, so I don't think you can go wrong there. Sans Souci is kinda older, rooms more dated, from what I hear, but I'm not a real big "room" person. Also, Sans Souci has free spa treatments.......we paid for those at Secrets.

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

we were torn between the same 2 resorts, we've been to secrets capri, it was very nice, food was good as well, my in-laws have been to secrets punta cana and absolutely loved it, from the way it sounded punta cana was nicer than capri....friends that traveled w/ my in-laws to punta cana have been to secrets excellence and said said it topped them all....now i've never been to sans souci but we did decide to go there...it has got a lot of really good reviews and many accolades from different publications (ex. conde nast, spafinder), the included spa treatments really pulled me in as well as comments about the food and after seeing the menu I thought we would be happy there, not to mention we got a pretty good deal when we were booking our trip ( although I just saw today tradewinds tours has a special @ secrets)...secrets seems to have a bit more nightlife than sans souci if thats what you are looking for ( this vacation I wasn't...we wanted something more laid back..i hope that helps a bit...good luck!

Texas
Level Contributor
294 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

We stayed at Occidental Grand in Cozumel and loved it. I cannot say enough good things about it. We are staying at San Souci next month.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

We stayed at Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya for our honeymoon, and it was FANTASTIC. I don't think you can possibly go wrong there. Its a beautiful resort with a lot of dining options, which is not so commong for most resorts. Our friends are going there next month. There are not many places I'd put a strong recommendation on, but this is one of them. Enjoy!

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

i must correct myself...apple vacations has the sale on secrets excellence mayan rivera...sorry, tradewind is running a new sale on sans souci

atl
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

Coronacaca,

Tradewind is running a sale on San Souci? Can u give me any details u know of, I am getting married there in May and would love to know of a discount!

Thanks!

staten island, ny
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

here is the website for tradewind special @ sans souci

tradewindtours.com/jamaica/special_offer.php…

good luck

RDU, NC
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sans Souci or Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya?

We booked directly through the resort w/. the companion 1/2 price sale. I checked the prices through on-line booking agencies, but going directly through the resort was the least expensive.