We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about golf at SGOR

Kentucky
12 posts
Save Topic
Question about golf at SGOR

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent golf clubs at SGOR? My husband doesn't really want to take his clubs but doesn't want to pay a small fortune to rent everytime. He will probably play 2-3 times.

Thanks for any info.

Brainerd, MN
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about golf at SGOR

GoBigBlue,

Just got back from SGOR. I think 2 sets are available 25 and 45 bucks. One is precept or something like that and the other is callaway or taylor made, I can't remember. it's about a 15 min ride to the course. If you're in a foursome, they'll start you out on the front. If 2, can do the back. If you're 2 on the back it goes really fast. It can be a free for all with everybody starting at the same time. You get there, someone takes your clubs to the caddy shack; don't worry. You go to the clubhouse and pay your 17 bucks for 18 or 12 for nine. You go back to the caddy shack and get your caddy and clubs and are off. The greens are a little sandy - some more than others. fairways are OK. Don't expect bentgrass - it ain't there. Greens are smallish, but can be hit. Some are harder than others but will hold a shot if you hit them right. I mostly hit short and let it bounce up. distances can be decieving. Chucky had me hitting a club less than I normally do after a couple holes. He was right every time. Let the caddy read the green - he's right ALL the time. Recommended tip is 10 bucks for 18 holes per person. Caddys will carry 2 bags - please tip for each bag. Remember, it's not the TPC neither is it pitch and putt. Jim, Brainerd, MN

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about golf at SGOR

Hi the golf prices are found on the Sandals web site under golf.We always take our clubs so I can not tell you what we payed except that we always tip over and above the caddy fee .We enjoy the caddies and get to be friends by the end of the week.My husband is a good golfer I am not so the caddy realy helps me pick the right club ect.Also we have called the resort to find out info such as the shape of the course and to make reservations for dinning a few weeks before so if you want just call. Hope this helps in some way.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about golf at SGOR

Hi Gobigblue....We just returned from SGOR last nigth and my husband really enjoyed his golf experience. He did take his golf clubs, as he's more comfortable with his own. He had a great caddy and in addition to giving him great tips on his golf game he also provided him with interesting tidbits about Jamaica over a beer! His caddy's name was "Uton" (pronounced U-tawn).

The caddy fee was $17, the cart was $28 and my husband tipped him $20. He doesn't remember seeing what the rental rates were....sorry we can't help you with that.

Enjoy your trip!