We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

I cancelled my Sandals Whitehouse trip in April, as reviews are proving out that it WILL be FABULOUS...... 6 months from now, but I'm just not up for the aggravation, and I don't think they can deliver a restful vacation this early in the game.....I chose Sans Souci and I hope I made a good choice. I have previously been a die hard Sandals fan. I am booked in C block oceanview w/ balcony, bought the Honeymoon "upgrade" which includes a jacuzzi room ONLY if it is available upon check-in. Does anyone have experience about that? Thank you for your time.

Fiskdale...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Hi! We're going to the SS also and we're sandals fans too. It that true that the honeymoon package upgrade is applied ONLY if it's available at check in? If it's ot do you get your $$ back?

When are you going- My husband and I are going May 2-7.

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Hi Redstripe,

Darn, we will be going before you, April 16-23, but I'll let you know how it was when I get back if you want.

My understanding of the honeymoon upgrade is that you get the jacuzzi room only if it is available.......but you are going to get the rest of the stuff, for sure.....that includes a candle lite dinner at the beach or wherever you want it , flowers in your room on arrival and I believe Champagne ( but it may have said bottle of wine, I forget ) discounted outside tours and a certificate for discount on your next sans Souci trip, and something about horseback riding, which I am not into, so I went over it. No, if you do not get the upgraded room you still have to pay , as the "rest" is gonna happen regardless. Hope that helps, and hope we both get the better room !

Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

We cancelled our original plans to go to SGOR also because of the negative reviews and switched to SS, I hope we made the right choice.

Fiskdale...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

If I give you my email...could you send me your review of the resort. What to do, where to eat...etc. We NEED to get away from all of this snow here in MASS!

Thanks!

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

We are going March 19th - 26th (10 more days!), and got the honeymoon/anniverary package as well. This is the first that I've heard that the jacuzzi suite is only included if available at check-in. I would rather sit in a jacuzzi outside, with the ocean breeze and a bar nearby than in my bathtub anyway, but I will still be disappointed if I get there and we don't get what we booked. However, this is also the first time that I've heard that we can expect discounted outside tours, or a discount on return trips. We are looking forward to the candle-light dinner, and haven't made up our minds on the horseback riding, or the river rafting. According to the hotel TA the additional spa package includes one additional 55- or two 25-minute treatments.

As soon as I get back I will post a trip report and include what we actually got from the package. Right now, just being there would be enough!

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Redstripe, I'll be happy to email you when I get back, no problem, send me your email addy........

degroo... if you booked a jacuzzi room and paid for that ( not just the honeymoon package ) you should definatly get that room, but if not, it's no a sure thing. I booked the one bedroom oceanview suite w/ balcony........so if the jacuzzi room is not open when I get there, I won't get it. I am really hoping you come back and give us a trip review, that will be greatly appreciated!!! I agree, i perfer the outdoor hot tubs, but a nicer room is always a good thing, too!!

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

kastlekeeper,

I booked the lowest room category and upgraded only through the honeymoon package. I'll just keep my fingers crossed, but I've read that the non-jacuzzi rooms in the older blocks are much bigger, huge balconies, etc. I could live with that!

As far as posting a report when I get back, I should get one out within a few days after I get back. I've been scouring these forums since we decided to go, so I know how hungry people get for infomation!

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

degroo.......

If you end up without the upgrade, I think you will be really happy with the verranda rooms, I heard the same thing, that they are really alot bigger, just older is all......I may even want to downgrade to one, if I do not get the jacuzzi room! Thanks for thinking of us & doing a report, VERY appreciated. Could you check out C BLOCK for me? That's where I am booked, currently. Thank you tons! Have an awesome trip!!!!!

Fiskdale...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Thanks so much!! My email is LisaMOConnor@gmail.com. I can't wait to read all about your trip!

Maine
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: swapped Whitehouse for Sans Souci...

Redstripe,

I put your email in my addy book and I'll get back to you!