We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If Sans Souci is overbooked will they send me to...

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
If Sans Souci is overbooked will they send me to...

Goldeneye or Jamaica Inn? I tend to think that the aggravation of having to switch resorts can only be compensated for with an upgrade!

Level Contributor
53 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If Sans Souci is overbooked will they send me to...

We returned from Sans Souci 3/4. I think 1/2 of the people at the resort had been bumped. It is very disturbing to get to their desk at the airport and they say your bumped. We were lucky to only have been bumped to Sandals Ocho Rios for 1 night. There were a group of women that were bumped to Shaw park for 4 days. The people we met had been bumped also to Couples, Shaw Park and Sandals Ocho. At the airport they seemed to have no power to do anything. The rooms at Sandals were small gardenview. They seemed to be just putting up with us for one night. We called guest relations at Sans 1 week before and 2 days before arrival and there was no mention of us going anywhere else. I have heard on the website of one couple getting to go to Jamaica Inn. Most of the people went to Shaw Park which they described as "a trailer park" Sans Souci was a great resort once we got there but we lost a day of vacation. The compensation for the inconvience was usually 2 free nights at another time. We did negociate one night taken off our bill.

Texas
Level Contributor
294 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If Sans Souci is overbooked will they send me to...

I read one post a while back that said they had been sent to Royal Plantation. I have heard this is comprable, but not as much is included in the stay. I think we all need to be prepared to demand only the best if we get bumped. I have never heard of Goldeneye, but heard Jamiaca Inn is OK, but not as good as SS. I refuse to go to Sandals or Couples, but Sandals Dunn River has the better of the reviews.