We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

ATL
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but I have recently come across the posts about overbooking at the Sans Souci. I have already confirmed my reservation with the resort. I did this over the telephone a little more than a week ago. For anyone who knows, is there still a chance that I could be overbooked? I will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. Also, how can they possibly make up for it? Can we receive some sort of refund at all? Or, can we possibly be taken to Negril to one of the Couples or Grand Lido resorts or do they normally keep you in Ocho Rios because of the proximity to Sans Souci?

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

We booked our trip with a travel agent, whose confirming paperwork to us included a disclaimer regarding overbooking.

Fergus, Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

We also booked at Sans Souci through a travel agent and then called the resort to ensure they could confirm our reservation. About two weeks after confirming our reservation and booking times for our massages and tee times for golf, we were informed by our travel agent that sans souci was overbooked and that we were being bumped to couples ocho rios. After some extensive research we found 26 other couples that this has recently happened to. The 26 couples received no compensation whatsoever and after 3days of fighting with our travel agent the 4 of us received a complementary 2 night stay at Sans Souci for a future visit to Jamaica. Couples Ocho Rios is a downgrade to a four star and there are no free spa services like at Sans Souci. For your sake, I hope you don't get bumped, but if you do, don't let it ruin your vacation. Just do your best to keep on smilin' after all, it is Jamaica. No problem Mon.

Toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

Hey dirklucy,

I've posted on another similar forum topic on this subject so I won't bore you to repeat it, but to answer your question regarding what they can do, TA's are obligated by law to refund you fully should there be an overbooking (Ontario, Canada law should be similar to the States on this). It's their position to offer you a similar resort that gets a bit clouded by individual standards.

Also, you can absolutely go somewhere other than a nearby resort (I think they do that by default as they assume you wanted to travel to the area), but since you only have a couple of weeks until arrival, you're options might be limited. Through our TA (initially), they told us places like Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril were booked (although there is postings here and elsewhere that indicate that people managed to get bumped over to these resorts - clearly resolving overbookings can't be interpreted as a science).

I hope this becomes forgotten to you and you find out all is well. Enjoy your stress free vacation.

Indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sans Souci Overbooking? Just in case, how would someone be...

Are you more likely to get bumped if you book through a third-party source - is it better to book directly through the resort?