We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Jerk

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Best Jerk

We are staying at Tower Isle but want to get out and try some local jerk. I know I will get lots of different opinions but what is your favorite?

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Jerk

My fave was Ocho Rios Jerk Centre. Its walkable from your hotel.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Jerk

Scotches is really good as well...although I preferred scotches in Mobay.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Jerk

Scotchies is our favorite in Ocho Rios.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Jerk

We have hired a driver one day so as long as it is in the area we are up for anything. Anyone ever done a Jerk crawl? LOL

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Jerk

We went to Scotchie's & it was really good. Just be advised that the sauce comes on the side & you have to ask for it. I liked the chicken more than the pork but both were good.

To answer your question about the water at the blue hole, the initial shock was pretty intense but it was fine after that.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Jerk

@Mrs Weaver, you are staying at Tower Isle which is about 15 mins from Ocho Rios.......

Your closest point for accessing might be Ocho Rios Jerk Centre......I do not think you want the closest.

The best place to have authentic Jerk cuisine would be Scotchies, which will be about 25 mins away by car.

Not just the best Jerked meats but also authentic side orders........

7. Re: Best Jerk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2015