We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRP info

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEwYork
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SRP info

Planning a 50th anniversary trip to SRP. I've studied all the info I can find , including calling

various venues by phone. I still am not clear on some things.

#1- I walk with a walker [rollerator] to help give me a little balance, a cane when walker doesn't fit. Not totally dependent but it makes life easier. I plan on staying in the west wing of SRP. I'm told there is an elevator I can use in the building. True?

#2-Photos indicate a ramp coming from the west wing onto the beach . Correct? Or will I have to use stairs to get to the beach?

#3-Throughout the property will I encounter stairs to get from point to point? Pool,Restaurants

#4-How big a deal is this Dress Code at restaurants? I will wear a shirt with a collar but long pants ? ,Really. I hope its approx. 80 degrees and I'm on vacation. I think I am the customer..

Whatever info those who have been there can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRP info

#1. there is a lift in the west wing

#2. You will have to use Stairs to access the beach

#3. There are stairs to the swimming pool and Le Papillon, the Royal cafe is on the beach (see answer 2)

#4. They will expect long trousers, at one point you had to wear long sleeved shirts to Le Papillon....

Sorry to say this, but thus resort is NOT immobile friendly

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRP info

We stayed in the east wing and never were in the west, but there is an elevator. Yes, you will encounter stairs everywhere you go. Yes on the long pants too for the evening dinning. I have a couple of pairs of silk Tori Richards pants that are comfortable. Dress shorts would be nice, put you generally wouldn't find them for formal dinners. We did love our stay at SRP and will return some day. Here are some of our pictures of the property if you would like to view:

…photobucket.com/user/…202013

toronto
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRP info

All Sandals Resorts require long pants at dinner. I found this to be true in most AI properties in Mexico and Jamaica. You could consider Aruba, the dress codes are less formal plus it is a very flat island so it is very friendly for people with mobility issues.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SRP info

If long pants are an issue, you could always order from any menu and eat in your room.

5. Re: SRP info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:50 am, March 17, 2015