We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton, NB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Arriving there Feb 14th and will be meeting my wifes brother and his wife at the resort. They are arriving at a different time than us as we are leaving from opposite coasts.

We are all in same catagory of room and would like to be next to each other as apparently you end up sharing some facilities like balconies, patios, etc with other couples in your designated building.

Who should I contact to make our request? (email address too if anyone has it)

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

If your room is a butler category, you should have some kind of contact person from butler services to assist you...

The resort phone number is listed as +1 876- 974- 5691 on google. I don't know if that is an actual on-site phone, though

:)

We are going with my boyfriend's brother and sister in law, but we are going to let the cards fall where they may in regards to the Rooms so we can each have some "space". Enjoy! I can't wait till we get there in April!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

When you book with Sandals online, there is a space where you can make special requests right then when you place the reservation. Waiting until now may decrease your odds but not eliminate them. Try calling the resort as suggested above or if you have a Butler category room you should be able to list this when you send in your preferences to them. If you have a Travel Agent they should be able to contact on your behalf to make the request. I will see if BSBgirl (frequent SGR guest) has their email for you.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Good question...

We just paid off our trip for nov and I think we get some package soon. I want to be close to our group of 6 couples and I want us close to the clubhouse...

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

We are going in July with 3 couples and travel agent is going to put in our request. According to our TA you can request which butler you prefer too, of course there are no guarantees. We have been paying attention to who is mentioned in the reviews as to who we may request.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

There are several threads asking about who you should request for butler…do a search would be faster and easier then reading all the reviews...

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

@Fred The resort will not have your reservation until about 2 weeks before you arrive, so you are doing this at the correct time. Keep in mind it's busy season, so there are no guarantees. You can definitely put a request in though, and I have had pretty good luck. I didn't actually request it, but we have been in the same villa 6 of the 7 times we've been there, and in the exact same room 5 of the 7. I would email the GM. I used to have other contacts, but so many staff members have moved around within Sandals, they are not at SGR anymore :( He will forward it to the correct department. I will message his email to you.

Fredericton, NB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Thanks BSB, I was hoping you might notice my post!

Common advise for almost every AI is that they don't assign rooms until about two weeks out. Too much work to assign rooms months in advance only to have people cancel, upgarde or as in my case make a request for a specific room or area.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Yes, exactly. They don't look at room assignments until your arrival date is close. That's when everyone's requests come in to then, too, so they just do all of it at the same time. Good luck! They do marketing for the villas that your can book a whole villa with you and 3 sets of friends and have villa parties, so putting two of you in the same one shouldn't be much of an issue. :)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

Thats fine dont assign rooms until then BUT they should have the list of names in some sort of order. Whether it be by booking time or by full payment time there should be some sort of list IMHO...

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who Should I Contact at SGR re Room Requests

You still have a booking number and everything. You are essentially on a "list" but at a Sandals office. The actual resort doesn't get your info until 2 weeks out. The resort should be dealing with guests that are on property and soon to arrive. Corporate deals with all the rest until your trip is close.