We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from SGOR, any questions

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CANADA
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from SGOR, any questions

Just got back form SGOR and had a great trip. Could not have asked for more. I also visited Sandals Dunns River and Sandals Montego Bay, and I am willing to answer ant questions.

I will also be writting a review and posting pictures later on in the week.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from SGOR, any questions

Hello Capt,

Welcome back!

I will be the first to read what you did and did not do.

Then, what and where you ate.

Where any of my recomendations of any help and usefull to you.

Did you discover anything that you would like to share?

Pt Colborne, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from SGOR, any questions

As a fellow hoser I am trusting you.

My wife and I head down on the 26 (5 DAYS) to SGOR and we are staying in a St Ann Plantation Suite.

We are wondering about the dress code and if open toe foot wear is accepted at all the restaurants, we are planning on going to Kimonos at SDR, and how strict they are about dress?

Talk to you soon, eh!

Scott

CANADA
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from SGOR, any questions

Hello Johnny, thanks for the hello. The food was great, I love the spicy stuff. I think I ate some Jerk chicken at least once a day.

And Hello to you Scoobs. You will love it. The staff at SGOR will treat you like a king. Make sure you tell them that you are a Canadian, and you will find the staff warm right up to you. As for your room, I can't tell you what they look like on the inside. From the out side looking in I think the are fine. I stayed at the Manor. And if I were to go again, I would stay at the same place. The pool on the manor side is so much fun and the large hot tub of the main pool is a great place to meet new people.

Last week when I was there, the whole resort was booked because it was St. Valentine���s Day, so the restaurants were busy. What me and my misses did was to go to the place we wanted to eat at a 1/2 - 1 hour ahead of time and put our names down on a waiting list, then sat in the bar and had a few drinks, or if we were really hungry after a day at the beach, we would go to the buffet and have a quick snack or salad before dinner. The dress code is only in affect in some of the restaurants such as Kimonos. The dress code is that men have to wear dress shirts, no jeans, sweats, or sleeveless shirts. Sandal type shoes are okay with a pair of dockers and a golf shirt. The food was great but the serving are small. But you can order as many as you like. If you���re a steak lover such as myself, try the Manor House.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from SGOR, any questions

I'm anxiously awaiting your review and pics. My husband and I leave on the 25th for 10 days and I'm so excited I can barely stand it!! Okay, questions:

We are currently booked for the Riviera building but with the talk of construction and the older rooms I've been seriously considering asking to be moved to a villa. Just not sure what to do - how did you enjoy the villas? I usually prefer to be near the beach and as close to the restaurants and activities as humanly possible but my husband is a light sleeper and being woken up by construction will ruin his vacation... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I understood you took a plane to Ocho Rios - Tim Air? How was it? Did you book ahead of time or just show up?

Were the pools cold? How was the pool at the beach club?

How was SDR?

CANADA
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from SGOR, any questions

The villas were nice, but if you forgot anything in your room, you had futher to go to get then. The Manor has a good view of the ocean, and most of the activities were there as well. If I needed something, or wanted to put something back, or ever get changed, all I had to do was run up stairs.

As for the flight, on the way there, I just showed up. On the way home I called about 2 hours ahead of time and Sandals gave us a ride to the Ocho airports.

The pool at the beach club was small and mostly used for scuba lessons.

The main pool at the manor was about 75 - 80 degrees, and the main hot tub was at 95 with the smaller hot tubs being at 105 degrees.