We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisiana
Level Contributor
554 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

ok, I have seen so many different times listed in brochures and on the forums as to how long of a drive it is from airport to Jewel Dunns' River. It seems to range from 90 minutes to 3 hours. Not really sure I want a 3 hour drive to a resort. Can someone please help clear this up for me.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

I think the reason you are seeing variances is people who are on shared transportation vs private transportation. If you are on shared transportation that makes multiple stops at different resorts, I guess worse case scenario it could take you 3 hours. A straight shot no stops is right around 90 minutes.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

It used to take that long before the new highway was put in. It is 90 minutes now but the hotel shuttle will stop for a 'rest stop'. This equates to stopping at a gift shop to try and get you to buy stuff. These stops usually range from 15-30 minutes. If the bus isn't very full the drivers have been known to ask if you really want to stop, if not they go on.

louisiana
Level Contributor
554 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

ok, 90 minutes isn't too bad. It will be 3 couples going so looks like we should hire private transfers.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

That's what I would do unless it's included free with your hotel. Even then, you might like it better. You don't have to wait on the bus to fill up, stop if and when you want, etc.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

Non stop private transfer with a cooler full of beer.......... Sounds like a plan........!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

@ grumpyswife,

Your transfer will not take three hours unless something goes drastically wrong which is highly unlikely. you should be at the resort within 1 hour or 1.5 hours at most.

Janice

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

I don't see any way you'd be at JDR in an hour, but an hour and a half to two hours is reasonable. If you're stuck behind a slow moving vehicle, or in traffic, it just takes a little longer.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

Who is a trustworthy private transfer company to JDR? We will be arriving on a Sunday afternoon in October. Not sure how busy it will be on a Sunday.

9. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, August 23, 2013
Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jewel Dunn's River . Just how far is it from airport????????

Contact Paul Williams at paul849@hotmail.com or call him at 876-381-7881. You can also find him on facebook. He has a website but I can't remember it offhand. He is reasonable, reliable, and super friendly.