We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Ok here it is....lol...my "pet" project I have been working on since booking my weddingmoon at SOR. Here's all the info I could get my hands on to share with anyone that is going to SOR.

Here are menu's, excursion info, gift baskets...lol..you name it. If it came from Sandals I tried to get my hands on it. I hope it helps others in their plannning. I also included the info on our kick-butt photographer (just make sure you tell her Mere sent you).

Hope it helps!

http://www.brianandmeredith.com/sor.html

-B2B

Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Thank you so much for doing this! This is so nice of you to share this information! I am one of those people who loves to know all of my options (I have a feeling we might be a little bit alike this way!), so I really appreciate you sharing this. Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

B2B thanks sooooo much! That was so great you did that and I really want to thank you for sharing it! I can't wait to go!!!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

This will be very helpful to newcomers to the site! I have been printing lot's of this stuff off, but it's great to have it in one location! Thanks!

We leave in 2 days!!!

Pt Colborne, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

B2B

Awesome site!!!

We leave in 9 days!

Going to suprise the wife with one of the packages.

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Yeah it took me about 4-6 months to get all this info. I think it would be awesome if Sandals provided this information readily.

I had no idea there were so many 'little extras" that we could pick from. I even called reservations a week or so ago and asked about gift baskets for our guests rooms as a thank you for coming to Jamaica. They told me they didn't have any or anyting like that, then a I get an email from my wedding rep at the resort with the list of all the goodies packages...lol..

If anyone needs or wants the originals on anything let me know. I also have some more info that's just written info that didn't really fall into a category so I have some answers to odd questions. Most are either related to butlers, romeo and juliet suite (no sorry no pics), or wedding stuff.

21 days and counting till we leave. Got our luggage about month ago. It was weird got a 5 piece Beaches set. It wasn't too bad because it had "Beaches" in a nice blue color and not the hot pink. Two of the pieces were backpacks but it was a very nice set.

We got our tickets for our air jamaica flight that we managed to get into that promotion too and confirmed transporation from the airport.

Got my $250 room credit in writing, so I think we are 100% set. I've heard that having the Romeo and Juliet suite with a butler is an advantage so we'll see. I think I am just most excited to get married!

Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Hey Bride2Be,

I am actually staying in the Romeo and Juliete suite for my honeymoon, and so I would be very interested in any of the little details that you have about butler service and that room!

My email adress is cjbaker@roanoke.edu if you would rather email me.Thanks!

Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Awesome website! We leave Saturday ... cannot wait! My hubby and I have no doubt we will have fun! Love the spa and escursion information!

Thanks!! Kris :)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

B2B - what dates will you be there and when is your wedding date? We will be there March 9-19. I was also curious about the photo's you had on your site. It said from Negril? I know Sandals has their photographers but I have not see any pictures like that from weddings at the resort. Those on your site looked awesome. I have met friends at SOR by doing some candid shots at their weddings and sending them the pics. They just loved them. We still keep in touch and they even go back to the resort and we meet up. I am a part time photograher and do weddings/portraits,etc.

I just love pictures!!! For sure in the tropics. You will have some great pictures in paradise.

Now the Happy...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

We're going to be there March 10-19...with our wedding on the 12th :-) So it looks like we'll be there almost the exact same time.

The photos that are linked are from Sun Gold Photography. It says Negril because they are based out of Negril, but each "album" should say the resort the pics are taken at. We hired them to come to SOR and take our wedding pics. They do photojournalistic style which is what we wanted and Sandals couldn't do. We also didn't want the "posed" look so much as candids and I hadn't heard the best reviews of Sandals photographers not to mention their pricing was a bit on the (ouch) high side for what I thought they provided.

I researched and researched Sun Gold came highly recommended to us. They are also sooo reasonable and send 2 photographers out so we'll definetly have tons of pics, different angles, etc. We aren't having a "reception" just the cocktails after the wedding and dinner. They are shooting the pre-wedding get ready, the wedding itself, the cocktail hour and dinner.

I also LOVE that since they are coming all the way from Negril that they are staying locally in Ocho that night and we will get our photographs the next day! They just come back out to the resort with them the next day. We went with an all digital package and we're getting about 250-300 pics for a AWESOME price...lol...I really lucked out with my research on them. I cannot wait to have beautiful wedding pics taken in paradise.

Hey maybe I should hire you to take some pics of us not on our wedding day :-) I wanted some casual, but professional pics but didn't want to buy a second photo package of photos taken another day. Some fun playing in the water, and a few other just fun pics. Neither one of us a big fan of getting our picture taken but agreed to set that aside for that week.

We are also bringing our digital camera so when it's all said and done we will probably have well over 1k of pictures when we get back of the whole trip. We're adding those all to the site when we get back for family and friends.

How many times have you been there? We are so excited and so are our maid of honor and her fiance. Not to mention my parents and grandma (thank you Sandals for the exception so we could have a single guest).

Can't wait to get married, see the resort, and enjoy our private suite and butler. :). This is our first long vacation in founr and a half years and dang it we're going to enjoy it.

I'd love to meet up with you for a drink since we're going to be there almost the exact same times...lol...

See you there! Email me and we can exchange info to get in touch down there,

Mere (B2B

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SOR reference page hope this helps others out with planning

Mere-

I for sure will want to see your pictures on the 13th!!! They always give me ideas. Did you mention where you think you are going to have the ceremony?

We are going on our 7th visit there.

If we do meet up I have the best digital camera's. The most recent one is the 8 megpixel Canon D20. I can do some candid shots just for the heck of it. no charge.

I don't see you email address so please send it. Thanks.