We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGR - A couple of questions

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
SGR - A couple of questions

Hi

4 weeks today we will be leaving the rotten weather of the UK and head off To Jamaica to stay at the SGR. This is our 4th Sandals property and we are very excited :-)

Just a couple of things I have read over the past few months that I would like to check on. Firstly, I remember reading somewhere that they dont put the Aloe Vera gel in the rooms anymore, is this true..I love this stuff after sun bathing, I have some at home I will bring if this is true. Also, I have read a few times that the paths are very slippery when wet? is this all the paths, this makes me slightly nervous as the last time I slipped over I dislocated my knee so I am now terrified of slipping....just like to know in advance how slippery they really are and how careful I need to be and is it only when they are wet.

Thats it for now.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

Haha Eastsider! I assumed it was a typo, but you definitely made me double take! :)

@blackpuddin I am sad SGR really doesn't have the old bottles anymore :( We were at SWH in April, and they have new tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. I liked the old ones better, and the body wash was a nice addition, but I felt like there was hardly anything in it. I asked for at least two bottles. I wonder if our first bottle was half empty or something. Anyway, bring some aloe is case because it is super pricey at the gift shop. Just like the sun screen.

I find the steps and the walkways slippery, yes, but just be careful. My husband actually fell down the Manor steps in sneakers, and he kept telling me to watch my step because I was in heels! He ended up falling down behind me because he was paying attention to me. It could have been much worse, and we were lucky that he was ok! It doesn't prevent me from going, but hold rails and lean on walls whenever you can when its been raining. Flat sandals or flip flops are definitely a better option in the rain.

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

Thanks everyone

I will deffo take aloe vera and will take super care when it rans. I love the little bags that the toiletries used to come in..shame they have stopped that! luckily I have kept all of them, they are very handy for the beach.

27 days and counting :-)

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

the toiletry bag was not at SWH (maybe because the tubes won't fit in them), but at SRC where we had to original bottles, the bag was also there. I too have quite a collection of them; they are great!

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

We had the aloe and the bag when we were at SRC in February also. Do the tubes contain the same shampoo and conditioner as before??

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

No, the shampoo and conditioner are different, too, and I liked the old bottle version better. They have more of a ginger smell now. The old smell was more tropical.

16. Re: SGR - A couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 15, 2014