We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December?

Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December?

We may be going to Beaches resort Boscobel in Dec. I was wondering what to expect with weather as it's the end of the hurricane season.

Thanks!

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December?

hurricane season ends at november.

i went in december of last year for two weeeks and we had great weather. expect a little "loquid sun" in the afternoon but these showers can happen at any point in the year and are very coolling!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December?

Hi caribbeancrazy,

Just as the above post states the weather should be great, though it's becoming a little harder to depend on "Mother Nature" with climate change.

It should be drier and any where between a 10 minute/hour shower, but some evenings may have breeze, which may mean you will need to bring a cardigan/sweater.

Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December?

Thanks so much for the replies...........sounds nice to me!

Waldorf, Maryland
Level Contributor
296 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December?

We went last December and had wonderful weather. It poured one evening for about an hour but then dried right up. Didn't take away from anything at all. It is harder to predict Mother Nature as the hurricane season seems to be getting stronger and longer but December is great in Jamaica. If you need any tour information contact Lee's Travel and Tour at mail.cwjamaica.com Norma will be happy to help you.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in December?

I actually stayed in beeched boscabel, perfect for kids! Views from the piano bar are perfect, staff lovely great holiday. We left in October, But the staff were asking us to go back and said the best time to go is around christmas time, me and my boyfriend are looking at going in december next year. Have u been to beaches boscabel before?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in December?

Bumping this thread a bit to ask an additional question: For anyone who has been there in December, (and even better if you stayed at Riu, we are going there in the beginning of December!) how crowded would you say the resorts were? I'm hoping it's not too crowded...

Waldorf, Maryland
Level Contributor
296 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in December?

Ismiles13,

We were at RIU the first week of December last year and it was not crowded. The only time you really noticed the amount of people were when we were dining. Most of the time, the bufet restaurants were never crowded. The weather was great. It was only over cast 2 days for a few hours in the early am and one night we had a down pour that lasted for about an hour around 11:00pm. None of that took away from the beauty of the resort or our vacation.

8. Re: Weather in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 16, 2009