We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

Courtice, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

My husband and I booked a Junior suit is this in the delux wing?

travelling may 3rd -10th getting really excited.

I saw there are beach partys at the Riu does anyone know when they take place?

How is the snorkling?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

@Jessica, Beach Party is on Monday night, then the shuttle departs for Margaritaville.

Annan, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

Hi so to post pinch but can i ask do the standard rooms have irons?

Also i have just asked this in another post but for towels do you get a card for towels and exchange them? also can you exchange towels as often as you like? and finally the safe in the room do you pay daily?

Thanks in advance

19 days to go :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

You receive one towel card per person upon check in. You take the card to a towel hut and exchange the card for a towel. There is a towel hut at each pool. After that, you can exchange your dirty towel for either a clean towel or the towel card as much as you like. We went during Easter, super busy, sometimes they were out of towels and cards at the end of the day so we just kept our towels to the next day and exchanged in the morning. Towel huts are open 8 to 6.

Safes - we travelled through Apple Vacations and safes were included, no extra charge. In fact, we were never asked to leave a credit card imprint at the desk and I don't think there is anything you could actually charge to your room if you wanted too.

Not sure about room locations or irons.

Annan, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

Thats great, thanks very much for the info :-)

We do like to have a clean towel, i know you can hang em to dry but we have always found them to still be damp in the morning if thats the case so its good to know we can change them like that :-)

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

@nicyx, All rooms come with clothes irons.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

Two points to remember....

#1 - Riu will charge you if you lose the towel card. If you travel as a couple you get two cards. Similar to hotel room key cards. So, don't lose them..... I think they charge like $20-25 bucks per card not returned.

#2 - the guys who run the towel huts are nice and fairly aloof. There will be several occasions to acquire an extra (or few) cards which come in handy if you like extra towels. More than a few time when we returned our towels no one was there and there was a stack of cards and clean towels on a help yourself basis. Yea, yea, I know... How dare I help myself to an extra card and fresh towel for the morning swim? I slept fine that night ;)

Annan, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

GlenXpl - Thanks, just wondering if i need to bring my travel iron!! I guess i can leave it at home n use the extra weight saved on an extra pair of shoes ;-) Thanks again

Annan, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

Hate2w0rk - thanks for the info :-) I'll be sure not to loose the towel card!!!

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

wow... that's odd... the beach party used to be on Saturday nights... I plan on being there on the 4th of May... what will I do now?? LOL

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

we are here now the beach party is tonight Monday. This place is great the food is surprisingly delicious in every restaurant, the beach is beautiful & it's hot all day & night. The wifi can be tricky I'm having a hard time picking up email. iPhone to iPhone texting is working good. PM me & I can answer qustions when we return.Don't believer the haters.