We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

This is first trip to Jamaica! Very excited, the Jewel sounds like it will be awesome....any tips anyone can give a newbie will be appreciated! :)

oshkosh,wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

when are you going? we will be there yhe first week in june for a wedding-also excited

Jamaica
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

Hi Guys,

can't wait to have you.

Janice from the Resort

oshkosh,wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

thanks janice we can not wait either

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

Yep. My wife, our Godson, his wife, and I will be there on June 23-30. This will be my wife and I third trip to the Jewel in four years. I am looking forward to meeting you Janice!!! Payed the teip off last week and am so excited!!!!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

We will be there the same time!! Cant wait....counting the days!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

Thanks Janice...so looking forward to seeing Jamaica for the first time!! We are also celebrating our anniversary...:) Sounds like the staff are wonderful, resort is great, cant wait!!

Houston
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

Hi,

We are going May 30 - June 3. First time in Jamaica and very excited.

Celebrating my 50th Birthday. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what Mystic

Mountain is like? We want to do the Zip LIning and the Bob Sled sounds like alot of fun.

Diane

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

I would appreciate some advice. We are thinking of visiting the Jewel resort over the memorial weekend for six days. What is the weather typically like at that time and in particular how hot does it get? Thank you.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

going in July!!! can't wait

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone going to Jewel Dunns River Resort June 2013?

We just got back from the resort yesterday, we had a GREAT time. The weather and the people are absolutely amazing. The food at the resort was good, I've had better but all in all it was good. The rooms are very nice and the pools are fantastic. While there catch a taxi to the shopping area at Ocho to grab some souvineres and have a bite to eat. We stayed down there for about 3 hours. We did go over to the straw market area, and I would NOT recommend it. I've done it on other islands but this was was way more aggressive. I wrote a detailed review on the Dunns river falls, read it for details but I recomend doing it on your own and get there when they open at 9 for a great experience. We also went over to the Bob Marley museum. It was very cheesy but one of those things you have to do, Again, we left the resort at 7:30 and got there when they opened at 9:00. No crowds and a better overall experience. Be prepared to see lots of drugs for sale, everyone wanting to sell you something and the price of everything is negotiable. The exchange rate is about 100:1US and there is a ATM at the resort that dispenses US funds.