We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

After all that searching we are heading back to the Jewel.

Last time we took the free shuttle which would have been fine if we didn't have to wait forever for travellers to get their drinks at the airport and then food at the rest stop and THEN listen to two bratty kids scream and fight the rest of the way there. After 24 hours of travel I'm usually a little snappy by this point, so to avoid spending some time in a Jamaican prison I'm going to get a private peaceful transfer. I was checking out JTL and it seems like a private transfer for two is going to cost me $320, this seems high to me. I've looked back through previous posts and they seem to be a bit outdated so I was just wondering who people book through. Has anyone tried Tim Air or a helicopter transfer?

Ooh is there a bathroom outside by margaritaville that I can go to before getting on the bus? I used the one just after customs and it was horrifying (I'm a nurse so I'm use to horror scenes)? The first time we went we booked couples and enjoyed the couples lounge beforehand its appealing to book Couples again just to avoid the bathrooms!

Kentwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

We have used Jamaica Customised Vacation and Tours, their website is www.jcvtt.com, they took us to Jewels Dunn's River in March 2012, no wait, e-mail @ info@jcvtt.com, tell them Nerv sent you.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

Awesome thank you!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

A local driver. Over the last 3 years Delmar has been both driver and guide. He is a registered taxi with the Jamaican Tourist Board and has been doing this for years, Immediately you are made to feel VERY comfortable with Delmar, he is pleasant, respectful, speaks excellent English and is an all around nice guy. Over the last 3 years of exploring Jamaica he has been prompt, his van is clean and reliable. The van holds 4-5 comfortably, and if your group is larger, he has access to larger vehicles. If you are looking to hire a driver to pick you up from the airport, take you anywhere on the island and don't want to pay the resort fees .... call or email Delmar Mendez: 1-876-372-3849 or 1-876-492-7729 or email dmendez9@yahoo.com

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

Awesome thank you! A van will be great because I don't pack lightly for our two week stay. I haven't learned the concept yet!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

Awesome thank you! A van will be great because I don't pack lightly for our two week stay. I haven't learned the concept yet!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

After many trips we only use 1 company Peat Taylor Tours. Www.ochoriosjamaicatour.com. They will have any size vehicle u need all the way to tour bus size and you are family with the Taylors. Plus will be much cheaper than 320 $

Edited: 7:59 pm, March 15, 2013
Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

After many trips we only use 1 company Peat Taylor Tours. Www.ochoriosjamaicatour.com. They will have any size vehicle u need all the way to tour bus size and you are family with the Taylors. Plus will be much cheaper than 320 $

Edited: 7:59 pm, March 15, 2013
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

@Meeko, Timair is still operational out of Montego Bay but does not do commercial flights to Boscobel which is the closest point to Ocho Rios. There are no commercial flights and a helicopter ride does not come at $320, much more. A private driver to the Jewels should be costing about $120 each way for 1 - 4 persons. the round trip being about $220.

There is a restroom outside the airport, to the right as you exit behind Grouvy Grouper.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

I am going to the Jewel June 23 and have booked Reggae Tours. It is $162.00 round trip for 1-4 people. They will also provide beer on ice at cost. I have heard nothing but great tjings about this company!!!

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfer from Airport to the Jewel.

I am going to the Jewel June 23 and have booked Reggae Tours. It is $162.00 round trip for 1-4 people. They will also provide beer on ice at cost. I have heard nothing but great tjings about this company!!!