We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

I'm about to go to Sunset Jamaica Grande and I have some last minute worries about the shuttle ride from the airport to the resort(90 minutes drive).

Should I be worried.

Any advice?

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

Enjoy!!!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

The trip from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is completely safe Patrick. Jamaica is not having any civil disturbances of any sort. We are actually a fun loving people (unless you personally offend someone). I say enjoy the ride, there is a lot of history to be learnt along the trip if you have an informed driver.

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
WESTERN PA
Level Contributor
32 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

Just got back from Ocho - the ride in the taxis was interesting to say the least - but my wife and I never felt uncomfortable on either ride. We enjoyed the scenery, conversed with the other passengers, and tried to engage the driver - one of them talked most of the way about each area we drove through. The drivers all seem to be very experienced and I watched them watch the other traffic - this is their job and livelihood - they are not going to do something stupid.

Wisconsin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

We just got back, the driver to the resort was quite the crazy driver. Very fast, always laying on the horn, passing cars and ambulences like they were parked. The driver home was great, very safe driver, very fun and very informative.

I wouldn't worry too much, even our crazy driver seemed to know what he was doing and we did not see any violence of any sort.

15. Re: Is shuttle ride from Montego Bay airport to ocho rios safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2014