We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset jamaica grande!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
sunset jamaica grande!

Does this resort have good nitelife? Is it an active resort? Any info would be appreciated. We are looking to book lastminute for this resort and really dont no anything about it. Thanks

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

No night life at the resort. Some shows but no club or anything.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

There is a club of some sort but the DJ seem to only be interested in entertaining himself. There are activities that happens by the pool throughout the day but thats about it. u will have to go into the town for the nightlife.

Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

We have just booked this hotel for April. Although the nightlife at the hotel isn't great it's walking distance to bars/clubs in the town.

You can stay at the resort till later on at night to make the most of AI and then go out later on. Apparently some of the more popular bars like magarittaville don't get busy till after 11pm.

There is also nightly entertainment.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

Awesome, so is it safe to walk to the bars intown at nite? Thanks for the info

Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

I haven't been yet so can't give you first hand experience but I asked the same question and everyone said yes it is completely safe. Just use common sense.

I also work with someone who visits Jamaica every year and they said exactly the same.

If I thought it wasn't safe to walk around I wouldn't have booked!

6. Re: sunset jamaica grande!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 02, 2014