We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunns river falls

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Defiance Ohio
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dunns river falls

I will be cruising in march, can you take a cab to the falls park....if so what is price...would this bea better deal than paying for a package

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dunns river falls

Mac, you could pay your entry fee and not have a guide. There are steps from the top to the beach at the bottom with decked landings along the way. You don't need a guide at all if you are just going to use the steps alongside the falls.

People can enter or exit the falls at various points along the way. This means that you would be able to see the falls and decide at the time whether you wanted to climb or not.

If you don't want to climb there are some sections where you could just go into the water near an entry/exit point and not climb at all. If so you may want to choose a quieter time toward the end of the day so you can paddle about without crowds.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
89 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dunns river falls

I didn't think that it was really all that difficult a climb at all. If you are an active person who walks and is fairly limber you shouldn't have much difficulty in the climb. It's not strenuous at all. When I went I had a friend who was not really much of an adventure person or really super active and she was nervous about it and wondered if she could do it and was just fine. I guess I personally didn't mind doing the climb with a guide up the falls in the group. The last thing I would want on my vacation was to mis-step and end up injured as a result. The guides at least will prevent that from being the case. My thoughts...

Lumberton, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dunns river falls

I'm a little younger(not much) than you guys and I had the same concerns. There are plenty of places where you are waiting your turn in line to catch a breath. It wasn't that taxing and one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. I can't imagine missing climbing the falls and using the stairs. The real beauty of the falls is hard to see from the stairs. Absolutely breath taking!

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dunns river falls

Take your time and if needed go off at places that you can on each level

Wadena, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Dunns river falls

We did the falls about a week and a half ago. We opted for the conga line climb, and our guide took some pics for us using our camera (not waterproof and he kept it safe) along the way (we tipped him 20 bucks afterward)

Even with all the people in our chain it was a fun. You get a much better view from in the water / on the falls than simply walking along side.

Only drawback for us was the maze of craft peddlers on the way out. Everyone wants you to buy something from them.

16. Re: Dunns river falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014