We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas at SGR going Butler

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Villas at SGR going Butler

Does anyone have solid information regarding all of the villas at SGR going to Butler level? All I have really heard are rumors, and I know they were making a restaruant there for the villas only while I was there in November. I just think this idea makes no sense. It is supposed to go into effect in February, but prices haven't gone up. And I have absolutely no interest in a Butler, and we love staying in the villas there, so they may be losing my business.

And there are tons of villas over there, and all of the rooms are different sizes. Some of them are small, and aren't even a Butler level size room. If half the resort has Butlers, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

I am just very saddened by this, and wondering if anyone else has more info. Thanks!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Villas at SGR going Butler

Someone on the Fans of SGR facebook page said once the entire hillside is Butler, they will stop reserving beach chairs. While this makes sense since there will be so many Butlers, it is just one less reason to book a Butler, so I am not sure.

Prices have not increased yet, but I am sure that is coming. Prices for Sandals always go up in January. If it goes up the same time as last year, the prices will increase next week.

I personally hope they realize this is a terrible mistake and go back to the old way ASAP!

@Julie As you can probably tell from this post, I definitely see no need for a Butler, and no need for Concierge either. The room we normally book was Concierge, so we have booked it, but it was only about a $200-400 price difference. Even that is a lot. The main advantage of Concierge is liquor in your room, which we really only drink about a bottle while we're there. My husband does drink the beer. And, if you're in the Great House, just walk downstairs and save the money, lol! :)

WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Villas at SGR going Butler

Thanks BSBgirl337! I cannot wait. 44 days and counting!

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Villas at SGR going Butler

Julie K, when you check in, try to get one of the villas closest to the manor house. We were in 7547 and we could walk back and forth to the manor house instead of taking jitneys...although the jitneys really weren't a hassle either.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Villas at SGR going Butler

@Julie I'm sure you will love it! It is our favorite place in the world! I am just disappointed about the entire hillside becoming Butler since we prefer to stay on that side.

35. Re: Villas at SGR going Butler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 19, 2014