We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Question

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Question

I know these questions get annoying, but having never been to Jamaica I have no clue what to really expect. We are staying in Ocho Rios 11/24-11-29, and currently the weather forecast shows rain every day. Now, normally I don't put much weight on tropical weather forecasts, but I am usually travelling to different parts of Mexico, so I know what to expect there.

So, my question is...is it typical for short periods of rain in Ocho Rios this time or year, with it drying up rather quickly between? Or are we facing possible all day rains?

I am not complaining about tropical weather when I am coming from Wisconsin and possible snow. haha Just trying to get an idea of what's "typical" for Jamaica.

Thank you!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Question

Quit looking at the forecast, it always has rain! Who knows if it will rain for 5 minutes or 5 hours at this point. One day doesn't predict the next. Go enjoy your vacation, we leave in a week and haven't (won't) be looking at any forecasts. No worries!!

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Question

hahaha...thanks Mike, for the slap back to reality. ;) I know better than to even look...but when we go somewhere new for the first time I seem to look at every possible thing I can.

Ok...no more weather sites.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Question

You will have rain but not for long periods. I was just there this past weekend and rain fell for an hour or two and then stopped. right after that the sun was out bright and hot as ever.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Question

Not sure where you are looking but this site says the probability of precipitation that week is 10% - which is pretty much what it always says for periods more than a week out: worldweatheronline.com/Ocho-Rios-weather/Sai…

5. Re: Weather Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, December 16, 2013