We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu ocho rios

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
riu ocho rios

Two questions:

Any damage there from "Sandy" ?

ALSO - are there coffee makers in the room (with coffee / tea provided) ????

Thanks !!!!!!

Toscanini Restaurant
$$$$, Italian, Caribbean, Seafood
Juici-Beef Patties
$, Caribbean, Fast Food, Jamaican
Miss T's Kitchen
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Healthy, Jamaican
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu ocho rios

I am wondering the same thing, we leave Saturday morning for the Riu.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
9,213 Reviews
Jamaica
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
666 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu ocho rios

Its fine by now. I was stuck there over the hurricane on Wednesday but by yesterday morning clean up was in full effect... some of the fan-like trees have been damaged or knocked down, the beach was pretty beat up and stuff like that, but there was nothing major and yesterday everyone was back on the beach and swimming in the water.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu ocho rios

Won't be at this RIU till spring but coffee makers were not listed as one of the amenities. We have stayed at three other RIU's and none of them had coffee makers in the room. The bright side is I've never had a problem getting a lounge chair since I'm out hunting for coffee first thing in the morning. Usually, they have disposable cups to take back to your room if you wish.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
9,213 Reviews
Jamaica
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu ocho rios

No coffee makers in the room?

How many stars is this place?

Can you order a pot of coffee to your room in the morning?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu ocho rios

Ive stayed there twice and there are def. no coffee pots in the rooms, although you can get a thermous if you wish and take back to your room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
666 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu ocho rios

There is no coffee pots in the room, but Coffee is easy to get, go down to St. Anns in the morning and you can get a thing of coffee. The hotel also does not have room service so no you can not order coffee to your room.

I never understood why some people have such an issue with walking to get a cup of coffee in the morning. Its the tropics and the sun is up at 5am, go enjoy it !

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: riu ocho rios

Hi ZebraPrintSky,

I don't care about coffee pots in the room, but wondered if they serve lattes or cappucinos in the restaurants or lobby bar? Would love to get one and then go and watch the ocean in the morning!

thanks,

Jeb

8. Re: riu ocho rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 14, 2013