We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
542 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

I am a little confused. Some reviews say they didn't get the room they paid for and I don't get that. If you pay extra for a certain type of toom how can they not give it to you?

IfI pay for an oceanfront junior suite, you better not give me anything less!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

I have never had a problem... actually I have always gotten a room better then the room I paid for. The 1st time I went I paid for Garden View normal room, got a ocean view normal room and the last two times I got upgraded from a normal room to a Jr. Suite, both with Ocean views... This time I booked a Jr. Suite and I am expecting to be upgraded to a Ocean Front room.

don't stress out about it

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
542 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

Thanks! You will be heading there soon won't you?

Edited: 8:27 pm, October 03, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

yep!!! I will be there in two weeks !!! Can't wait.

4. Re: Rooms at Riu: Getting What You Paid For

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 14, 2013