We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Conway, AR
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

My wedding is October 13 (Saturday) and we're flying out to Ocho Rios the next day to celebrate on a week long honeymoon. We're staying in the Jasmine Grove Luxury room. We are beyond excited and want to get the very most out of everything that this resort has to offer.

Can you offer any advice, tips, etc. about things to do, places to visit, food to try, etc.??

Many thanks!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Drink a Dirty Banana and a Hummingbird! YUM!!!

Eat at Mariner's for lunch early in your trip because you will go back! Coconut shrimp is very good! (per my husband. I'm vegetarian, but veggie burger is great, too!)

Make reservations for Kelly's and Kimono's as soon as you arrive to make sure you get in.

Look at the Daily Breeze each night to see what is going on the next day. It should get delivered to your room, but if not, they have it at the front desk.

Make sure you look around and find everything. There's 2 main pools on the Manor side, and 2 on the Riviera side, and a hidden pool, along with several others.

Be ready to tip the porters at the airport $1 per bag. You can say no thank you on your way to the Sandals lounge. Only like 10 feet away. They will take them out to the bus for you though. And then you need to tip your driver. Then you can put your wallet away!

Congrats by the way! Have you seen the Fans of Sandals Grande Riviera page on facebook. Lots of pics, etc, on there.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Dirty Banana, Kimonos, and the $1's for outside tipping--you have it down BSB!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Don't miss the "The Silverbirds" on Saturday night --- an awesome steel drum band. Try to get off the resort and see more of Jamaica---maybe up to 9-mile on the Zion bus to see the countryside and visit the birthplace and final resting place of Bob Marley.

Conway, AR
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Great stuff everyone!! We can't thank you enough :-) It's definitely great to know about $1 for tips - never would have thought about that. Anything else that I should remember to pack that I might not normally think about?

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Make sure you have a pen in your purse. I have a purse only for travel and I have forgotten to make sure I had a pen in the past and it is a nightmare at the airport.

Hubby will need long pants and closed toe shoes for some restaurants.

Sunscreen is VERY expensive on the islands - pack lots!

Lip balm with sunscreen - definately don't want burnt lips on your honeymoon!

Aloe - in case you do!

Immodium/Dramamine (nausea,diarrhea), Tylenol

We usually bring a Bubba mug or insulated cup. Less trips to the bar and it will keep your drink colder for longer in the hot sun!

Magazines and reading material are VERY expensive too - we bring extra and leave them in the lobby when we are done.

We always bring a beach bag to carry stuff back and forth from the pool/beach. There are lots of nice ones to buy when you are there and they are very reasonable but I like to have one with us when we get there so we can throw on the suits and head to the water!

Towels - lots on the resort but we always bring our own brightly coloured ones. You definately don't need to but I do like to be able to spot my chair from a distance!

Charger or back up batteries for your camera.

Playing cards - hopefully you don't have any; but just in case you get a rainy day.

We always bring one of those plastic sealable containers that have a string that you can hang around your neck in the water. (can't remember what they are calle for the life of me!!) Great for excursions with water where you don't have pockets for cash (tips/shopping).

These are just things I can't leave home without!

If you forget something you should be able to buy it on the resort but you will probably pay more than you would at home.

Enjoy your trip!!!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

Everyone has touched on everything, lol! I like to fill a travel size bottle with sunscreen for my purse so I can put in on right away when we arrive because I burn easily (even on the bus, lol!)

And there is aloe in the room, so you can leave that at home. Shampoo and Conditioner and lotion, too, if you are ok with using the hotel kind.

I normally bring liquid hand soap as the one in the room is bar soap and I just don't like bar soap.

I also like to have a watch because there are no clocks anywhere, and if you have a dinner reservation, etc, you need to know what time it is.

The pen suggestion is also very good! I bring a few pens! You want to have all your paperwork filled out before you get off that plane so you are all set.

7. Re: Sandals Grande Riveriera Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 14, 2013