We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

Is there a way to find out what the name of the travel group is that runs excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios? I'd also like to find out what they offer before we go. Suggestions?? I'm having a tough time finding this information anywhere.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

Any tour company can pick you up from the RUi and most of the time the ones that the Hotel offer will be more pricey. Check out Peat Taylor Tours. After many years trying others we use only this great family when in Ochi. They have so many hookups and spots not heavliy travlled as well as the normel tours www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com for all the info and if you need any additional info please feel free to contact me. Have a great trip!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

The tour group is "scuba caribe" they are at all the rius. And actually in my experience theyre prices are pretty competitive actually. I booked through them in cancun and punta cana

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

I use Richard Brooks from Excursion Ocho Rios, he is awesome!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

Also keep in mind that from Riu Ocho Rios, you could pretty much walk to Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain and Dunn's River Falls. It might be cheaper to just get a cab there...

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

it takes quite a while to walk to mystic mountains from riu ocho rios, and under the sun it is not so nice..maybe 20 minutes walk..

in front of the riu gate there are a lot of local taxis and you will pay only one us to go to the falls,to dolphin cove or mystic mountains..taking them is totally secure, they are on their official route from st anns bay to ocho rios, and it takes only a couple minutes to the reggae trail, which is the kind of walk they set up on the side of the sea for visitors to go from ocho rios to all these attractions..the reggae trail goes from island village to dunn s river falls, but not further..

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

Give the blue mountain bike tour a try. Was the best excursion we did the whole time. You will never see this part of Jamaica if you dont do it. So much fun. You get 5% off if you book online.

Not to mention, all you do is coast downhill. It was like 10 miles on a bike. I maybe peddled like 100 feet of that.

7. Re: Excursions from the Riu Ocho Rios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 13, 2013