We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club MoBay

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Club MoBay

Would love to hear from anyone who has used Club Mobay.

How much was it? Can you purchase in advance before you get to Jamaica? Saw the responses that said it can be purchased at Sandals but are there a limited number available?

Anyone who has used it - was it worth it? How much pp? Are the food and drinks included? If not - were they reasonably priced? Do you have "in and out" privileges? Or once you get there you have to stay?

I have heard that it reduces the lineup time. How does that work? Is there a separate check in for MoBay customers?

Any insight is appreciated!

Edited: 7:48 am, September 14, 2012
United States
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club MoBay

For prices see the following

http://www.clubmobay.com/day-pass.php

For the value question see the following reviews

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d217…

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club MoBay

Loved the club Mobay passes! They were $30 dollars each and well worth it. You get in a separate (much shorter) line for check in and customs. you can leave and come back in if you want to.They have free beverages, alcohol too. There are snacks and other food, like sandwiches at lunch time, fresh fruit too, all free. You can take bags of snacks to eat on the plane. They will go pick up an order of food from one of the airport for you too,. You would pay for that. It is nicely airconditioned unlike the rest of the airport. Staff will call you when it's time to aboard your plane so No worries, mon! The club is very comfortable and attractive, sort of extends your vacation. Check out the website, clubmobay.com and click on bookings to order if they don't have them at the resort. You can buy them at the airport but if you are there during peak times there will be a line.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club MoBay

My husband and I used Club MoBay last April. It was very nice - clean, comfortable and relaxing. There is an open bar, but we didn't make much use of it 'cause we were flying out in the morning. There are light snacks available, and a menu you can order from (cost is extra), but as the menu didn't offer breakfast we didn't order. Free WiFi is available; you'll receive the code when you check in. A few TVs were showing the news and other morning programs. They have a departure screen that is updated frequently, and there are announcements made when flights are ready to board. There is a business lounge, shower facilities and spa in the club; one passenger had a chair massage in the spa (cost is extra) and said it was wonderful.

The cost was $30pp; we secured tickets through our travel agent before we went. However, some friends we made at the resort (SRC in MoBay) bought tickets at the resort prior to leaving for the airport. I was told that only so many tickets are sold for any one date so the club doesn't get too crowded.

My husband is a smoker; there is no smoking in the lounge itself, but he was sent to a nearby bar the club is affiliated with that allows smoking. You can come and go as you please with your ticket, in case you want to shop before your flight.

There is a seperate line for people with Club MoBay tickets to help cut down on waiting times for immigration, security, etc. If you are flying during peak times, or on the weekend this could really come in handy.

I hope this helps with your decision; have a fabulous vacation in Jamaica!

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Club MoBay

We are coming home on a saturday from Jamaica, would the passes be worth it. We usually travel during the week.. Thanks!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club MoBay

Thanks everyone! Sounds great - gonna give it a shot :)

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club MoBay

Definetly worth it if flying out on a Saturday. Be sure and purchase before you get to airport.

Edited: 2:31 pm, September 14, 2012
Fort Walton Beach FL
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club MoBay

we received mobay lounge passes through our travel agent (i guess included b/c i didn't pay for them). but i have a question too.

"You get in a separate (much shorter) line for check in and customs."

-do you first check in through your airline and then get in the club mobay line?

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Club MoBay

No! There is a Club Mobay line to check in your airline, and at customs too. You will see the signs when you get there.

Fort Walton Beach FL
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club MoBay

Thanks. we are flying first class (delta) and usually that has no line, so i'm curious on if the club mobay lounge would save us any time.

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Club MoBay

Will be nice to have even if doesn't make a difference with the lines. The lounge is a much better place to wait for a flight than the rest of the airport.